Technical Building and Estate Manager
Job Title: Technical Building and Estate Manager (Technical Director)
Our client is one of the UK's leading Property Management Companies with a nationwide portfolio of prestigious assets. They have secured a property management agreement with one of the UK’s leading Property Investment specialists and will provide Technical Management of a new purpose built estate in the Cambridge region.
Currently approaching handover stage (March/April 2019), the site development will deliver an expanding business hub, with the first of four properties due for imminent completion.
We are seeking a proven technical property manager to assist with the final stages of the fit out and handover; the mobilization of facilities services; the licensing and accreditation of assets and services on site; and ultimately the delivery of a first class facilities / estates management offering which puts the tenant at the heart of the operation.
Do you have the technical skills, passion and drive to ensure that this development will be a success?
The primary objective is to provide a first class technical management service for a flagship office development in the Cambridge area.
With further developments due to take place, this role will combine construction and fit out management and facilities management services.
Once fully operational, this individual will ensure that all technical site queries are handled in a proactive and courteous manner, delivering a first class experience for multiple site tenants.
The basic responsibilities will include:
- To be the responsible person for the management of all engineering matters.
- Provide technical support & advice to the FM team and site tenants.
- Manage relationships internal/external.
- Deliver value for money services.
- Establish and maintain external contacts with statutory authorities and other groups and associations applicable and beneficial to the services provided.
- Manage service providers and monitor performance against contracted SLAs and KPIs.
- Co-ordinate the production of performance reports carries out analysis of the results and takes appropriate action to ensure continuous improvement is achieved.
- Provide team update/training in relation to building services.
- Complete engineering site surveys & audit reports.
- Complete life cycle reports to an agreed format.
- Manage internal and external relationships including Client, local authorities, service providers and statutory bodies.
- Establish 'value for money' strategies for delivering the technical management service.
- Provide technical support & advice to the FM team Nationally
- Review CIBSE/HVCA guidelines and contractor T&Cs
- Review and manage engineering business risk.
- Appropriate engineering degree qualification (preferred).
- CIBSE Affiliation or similar
Skills & Knowledge:
- Customer service skills must be of the highest quality
- Responsive, proactive, clear communication skills and flair/panache – we are seeking someone that can make the customers on site feel valued, recognised and at the heart of the service offering.
- Self-Motivated with Excellent Time Management Skills.
- Commercial awareness from experience and/or qualification.
- Experience of new build development through to management (construction site experience an advantage).
- Good working knowledge/understanding of building operating systems (mechanical, electrical, controls and fire/health and safety).
- Good Written Communication Skills & attention to detail.
- Cost control, variance and forecasting reporting.
- Basic IT skills inc. Word, Excel to intermediate level.
- Proven people management skills and team building.
- Knowledge of Output Specifications.
- Management of Performance based contracts.
- Defects / warranty management.
- CIBSE & HVCA guidelines
A basic salary of between £55,000 and £60,000 reflects the seniority of the individual that we are looking to attract and the service levels that will be expected.
In addition, there is a first class benefits package (healthcare options, excellent pension contributions, etc.) No vehicle is provided so candidates from the local area are required.
This is a unique opportunity to manage technical services at a new, flagship development in the region for one of the world’s leading property organisations. Please apply today and we can discuss the role in more detail.