Up to £65000 + Car package + Benefits
Your new company
Our client is a global FM out sourcing organisation, with a portfolio that includes some of the most prestigious names in banking, finance, technology, professional services and high-end manufacturing they are responsible for innovative and market leading services. They deliver engineering, projects, business services and hospitality and have won numerous awards for technology and people engagement.
Your new role
Working across a UK wide estate you will be responsible for the development and operation of all aspects of technical Environmental Management. Responsibilities include.
- Oversight and management of environmental management data base
- Provide support to Energy Champions and Energy Manager
- Manage delivery of internal Environmental Management System (EnMS) and support EnMS audits, ISO model and accreditations
- Ensure readiness for external certification and surveillance audits
- Maintain legal register, undertake bi-annual corporate level compliance checks and instruct site level compliance checks
- Maintain and audit all documents and records required by the management systems.
- Provide workplace service contractor staff supplier engagement training and training on how customer focus will relate to environmental conditions. This would include
- An understanding of glare and how this may affect comfort
- An understanding of acceptable acoustic levels and levels of noise which may affect staff comfort and enjoyment of the space
- An understanding the levels of air movement which could cause discomfort
- An understanding of air quality issues which could affect comfort
- An understanding of how these issues could be checked and remedied
- Liaison with Waste Management providers and clients Environmental Manager, setting continuous improvement targets in relation to waste collection and recycling. Tracking these targets and ensuring they are met
- Ensuring all records required to fulfil client’s waste duty of care for the head office buildings, including carrier licences and waste transfer notes, are maintained at site or corporate level
- Prepare recycling, segregation of waste initiatives and manage their implementation and roll out
- Liaise with the Energy Services Manager on the possibility of shared initiatives
- Liaison with the other work-stream providers to explore opportunities to support them and for them to support environmental issues
- Liaison and regular reporting to the client’s Energy and Sustainability Manager and Clients business leader responsible for the waste management
- Obtain training on the key issues which affect staff wellbeing, this is considered an important service in relation to the shift in emphasis of the workplace services contract to be more customer focussed.
- Responsibility for putting in place wellbeing initiatives and development of a wellbeing policy.
- Participate in quarterly energy and environmental review meetings. This meeting will include a review of the partner performance reviews, obtaining and providing feedback and agree energy initiatives to be adopted based on contractor and client engagement
- Contribute to the annual environmental review and assessment of each building’s environmental impact
What you’ll need to succeed
- Degree qualified in a relevant environmental or scientific discipline
- Membership of a relevant professional body such as the Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management, with chartered status or equivalent being an advantage
- A minimum of five years relevant environmental management experience
- Excellent leadership, management and organisational skills
- Excellent data management and analytical skills
- Project management
- Strong collaboration and teamworking attributes, but also able to work effectively as an individual
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer focus, stakeholder management (including sub-contractors)
- Competent in the use of Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word
- Writing reports and business cases
- Environmental strategy development
- An enthusiasm for sustainability and a desire to effect change
What you'll get in return
Our client is a fantastic employer that can offer a comprehensive benefits package, they are known in the industry for employee engagement and training
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please apply through this advert with your up-to-date CV or at Boden Resource on 0121 702 1464.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.