Supply Chain Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
Our Client is a supplier of janitorial products, workwear solutions and also has a product range to support the general maintenance of property services. The business has seen rapid growth due to organic development with their existing clients and a recent business acquisition which has taken them to a £9m turnover.
The Senior Team have identified an improvement plan which will support the long term objectives of the business and investment to their current infrastructure; in line with this, they are keen to appoint a Supply Chain Manager. You will work in partnership with the senior team, to identify and implement effective processes to bring in line all current working practices and procedures for both businesses. You must have the ability to assess current standards and make recommendations for improvement which will facilitate the expansion of the Group.
- Negotiate, manage and analyse material cost spends and capital investments
- Lead and support the supply chain & purchasing procedures
- Ensure full compliance at all times
- Develop relationships with the supply base
- Manage material costs, lead-time and capital investment
- Identify & implement cost-saving projects
- Develop future suppliers
- KPI reporting
- Continuous improvements
- Use acquired supply chain understanding and experience to coach and develop team members to improve their output.
Skills and Experience Required
- Supply Chain / Production /Demand planning experience gained preferably within a highly variable product and volume manufacturing environment
- Educated to Degree level (or equivalent)
- Logical and structured thinker, capable of thinking about the bigger picture and with talent and experience in scheduling, forecasting and modelling with large data sets
- Experience of managing teams in a fast moving and dynamic environment
- First class capabilities with building and maintaining strong customer relationships and collaborative partnerships
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities; able to use own initiative to solve problems to alleviate potential service issues
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent negotiation skills and proven track record of cost savings