Asbestos Safety Coordinator (FTC)
Our client, a well-recognised educational establishment, are now recruiting for an Asbestos Safety Coordinator on a temporary contact.
A dedicated member of staff is required to provide day to day support to the Asbestos Manager, to ensure that they performs all legislative duties more efficiently. This role will bring improvements to the quality of these services and therefore achieve higher standards.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist the University to comply with requirements of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and relevant guidance
- Providing professional advice and support to Estates Colleagues and other stakeholders in relation to asbestos risks and project planning. Disseminate asbestos information.
- Support the Asbestos Manager on behalf of UCL to ensure full compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements, providing efficient and effective planning, administrative and technical support as required
- Assist managers with the production of service specific asbestos risk assessments and method statements.
- Quality check of RAMS, completion paperwork, survey reports, master drawings, air monitoring paperwork, and other documentations.
- Carry out on site audits / site visits of works being carried out independent of the incumbent asbestos consultancy & framework removal contractors to minimise any issues with conflict of interest.
- Manage the “Estates Asbestos” email account
- Support with the management of the asbestos frameworks for asbestos abatement and asbestos consultancy.
- Conduct audits and inspections of asbestos contractors and consultants, their work and associated documents
- Assist in identifying and monitoring KPIs for all framework companies and consultants.
- Support the department and colleagues on asbestos incident management, rectification works and investigation reporting.
- Regularly review asbestos related information including data management systems and operating procedures
- Contribute to the reviewing and updating of the company’s Asbestos Management Plan by liaising with colleagues from across the company.
- Work closely with Estates and Facilities employees to assess the suitability of asbestos information and identify when additional surveying may be required.
- Assisting the Estates Project Teams in identifying risks, abatement requirements, budget costing and timescales
- Deputising for the Principal Asbestos Safety Manager as and when required.
Skills, Abilities & Knowledge:
- To be fully conversant with Health and Safety procedures relating to Asbestos.
- To demonstrate a strong technical understanding and practical application of Asbestos compliance regulations and guidance.
- Strong administrative skills & competent user of MS Office
- Attention to detail
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively (written and verbal)
Qualifications & Experience:
- BOHS P405 Management of Asbestos in Buildings, or alternative
- BOHS P402 Surveying and Sampling Strategies for Asbestos in Buildings
- IOSH Managing Safely, or alternative
- Previously held a similar post and have experience within asbestos compliance field
- Experience with asbestos incident management, rectification works and investigation reporting
- Delivery of Asbestos Compliance Management
- Extensive technical knowledge and experience in asbestos management
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 (CAR)
- Health and Safety Risk Management and Procedures
If you think this role would be a good fit for you, email your CV to email@example.com to be considered for this exciting role.
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Estates, property Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Health & safety Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Operations Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration