Working for a leading Engineering company with a large presence in the government sector. You will provideengineering support meet their requirements on deployed operations, as well as projects and bids.
- Devise initial concepts, develop detailed design, design integration and validate / review mechanical systems.
- Produce detailed specifications and scopes of work and review / report on supplier’s submissions.
- Liaise directly with suppliers and prepare purchase requisitions.
- Perform inspections on new equipment and conditioning reports on recovered deployed equipment.
- Plan, participate in and report on equipment / system integration trials.
- Adapt engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria to meet unusual client requirements.
- Participate in preparing cost estimates and project schedules.
- Provide technical guidance and support to other elements of the organization, including Procurement, Project Management and Maintenance teams and clients as required.
- Provide general mechanical engineering support to the Team as required.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
- Skills typically acquired through an undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering and a minimum of five years industry experience.
- Experience in the design and manufacture of mechanical equipment / systems.
- Practical, hands-on experience, with good problem solving capabilities.
- Application of the standards and legislation that influences the design of equipment e.g. ATEX directive
- Ability to prepare detailed technical reports and presentations for internal and external purposes.
- Experience of preparing risk assessments and method statements.
- Able to work independently using their initiative.
- Competence in the use of MS Office, AutoCAD.
- Experience of aviation fuel ground support equipment in either civil or military environments
- Experienced with the requirements of Integrated Logistics Support for the supply of new equipment
- Experience with the production of equipment and system safety and environmental cases.