Building Services Assurance Manager
HMRC is the UK's tax, payments and customs authority and we have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
Our Estates Services Directorate is the largest landlord in Government. Looking after 170 operational HMRC offices plus ancillary properties. Our purpose is to ensure a safe, secure and efficient working environment for our people which represents good value for money to the taxpayer.
We are at the forefront of delivering the largest estates transformation programme across government – Building Our Future Locations – delivering Regional Centres to accommodate over 50,000 people with a value in excess of £450 million, a critical success factor for HMRC’s future operating model and success and the Government’s wider agenda for the Civil Estate.
About the Role
The Construction Project Manager supports the Construction & Fit Out Function within Estates Transformation, delivering the ‘intelligent client’ project management function. The role is accountable for ensuring end to end delivery of the construction and fit out elements of projects to time, cost and quality.
This role is accountable to the Programme Project Board, Estates Transformation Board, and the Hubs Work Stream Board.
The key areas of responsibility are recognised as:
- Deliver contract assurance utilising external delivery partners by monitoring and reviewing the overall progress (time/cost/quality) including initiating corrective action as appropriate for a portfolio of projects.
- Deliver operational contract management post contract award through to completion on all contracts related to the construction of Phase 1 Government Hubs (as specified) for Construction and Fit-Out.
- Lead in scheduling, conducting and recording Contract Review meetings with suppliers, reviewing delivery against the requirements of the contract and the service and customer experience provided.
- Liaise with suppliers, project and design consultants; and stakeholders across the programme, HMRC and Other Government Departments as appropriate.
- Handover to business as usual post construction to Estates Services for relevant contracts; liaise with key stakeholders to ensure smooth transition and knowledge transfer on goods and services.
- Actively deliver continuous improvement at all project levels, initiating and facilitating project activities and workshops in liaison with Strategic Delivery Partner Project Managers, other external consultants and internal facing client (Facilities Management, Soft Landings Champion, BIM) on a project level.
- Experience of managing developer led projects and fit out projects, through the end to end project lifecycle, of £5million+ either as a client user, employer’s agent or directly for a developer.
- Experience of leading a multidisciplinary project team and building strong relationships across team/business area/ departmental boundaries.
- Demonstrable track record of success in Construction Management or Project Management in a consultancy or client organisation.
- Highly commercial with experience of enhancing and delivering value and continuous improvement.
- Good understanding of construction schedule risks, dependencies and critical paths with an ability to assess a variety of options and propose viable solutions.
- Leading project management teams and the delivery of large modern office buildings, fully fitted-out, including contract management.
- Experience of working across a large organisation with multiple stakeholders.
- Recognised professional PPM or change management qualification (i.e. PRINCE2 Practitioner, Managing Successful Programmes (MSP) Practitioner, APM Practitioner Qualification (APMPQ), CSCS card).
- Full member of relevant professional body or currently working towards (i.e. RICS/CIOB/APM).
More searches like this
- Building design, planning Manager / Supervisor Public Sector jobs in Nottingham
- Building development Manager / Supervisor Public Sector jobs in Nottingham
- Contracts, projects, bids Manager / Supervisor Public Sector jobs in Nottingham
- Engineering, maintenance Manager / Supervisor Public Sector jobs in Nottingham
- Technical services, ICT Manager / Supervisor Public Sector jobs in Nottingham