JOB OPPORTUNITY – FACILITIES MANAGER
We are looking for a Facilities Manager with experience of working in the sports and entertainment industries to lead our team, ensuring the efficient and effective facility management of The City Ground, Training Ground and any other sites owned or operated by Nottingham Forest Football Club.
Reporting to the Head of Operations, you will manage our team of Electricians and Maintenance Engineers and will be based at the City Ground and the Training Ground and will work on all home Matchdays.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Liaise with department managers to understand their needs and those of our supporters and ensure these are successfully delivered.
- Undertake regular site inspections, troubleshoot and monitor standards at Club sites, recommending and implementing improvements as required to ensure consistently high standards are met.
- Manage contracts and relationships with suppliers and contractors on a daily basis in accordance with agreed SLAs and KPIs.
- Source and negotiate new contracts and contract renewals, in line with Club policy at all times, always undertaking a thorough market review, robust due diligence and ensuring a win-win for all parties.
- Put in place a proactive preventative maintenance plan.
- Manage the Facilities budget and ensure costs, resources and planning meet Club objectives.
- Ensure suppliers and contractors comply with all Health and Safety requirements.
- Provide input to stadium development projects.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Experience working in a facilities management environment within the sports or entertainment industries, preferably with experience of stadium development
- Good working knowledge of applicable site / industry regulations and codes of practice.
- Track record of managing contracts for outsourced services, understanding value & cost
- IWFM Level 4 Diploma in Facilities Management or equivalent
- Financially aware and able to manage facility budgets and negotiate supplier contracts
- Solid experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders and able to influence others
- Knowledge of relevant Health & Safety legislation, qualification ideal
- Confident decision maker, strong communication skills and good personal presentation.
- Sound organisational skills and works well under pressure and has flexibility to deal with issues out of hours and at short notice
- A positive, can do, results-driven attitude and ambition to progress
- Good MS Office skills.
- You may be asked to undertake additional duties to those above, either on a temporary or permanent basis, which the Club reasonably believes you are capable of carrying out, or for which you will be trained.
- Relevant professional, ethical and health and safety standards apply.
- You will be required to demonstrate your commitment to equality, inclusion and anti-discrimination, at all times, including attending relevant training as and when required.
- You will be required to work on all home matchdays so a flexible approach to days and hours of work is required.
Application is via CV with a one page covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org - Click Apply
Our Commitment to Equal Opportunities
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/ maternity leave, race, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic.