Facilities Management Lead - Associate Director
MSD is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. The difference between potential and achievement lies in the spark that fuels innovation and inventiveness; this is the space where MSD has excelled over a 125-year legacy. MSD’s success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and an inspiring mission to achieve new milestones in global healthcare, to be the premier, research-intensive biopharmaceutical company, to discover, develop and provide innovative products and services that save and improve lives around the world.
MSD’s Global Workplace and Enterprise Services (GWES) division provides real estate, facility and enterprise shared services to support our company's business. This global team of dedicated and dynamic individuals endeavors to fulfill the needs of our company's business strategies by providing seamless and efficient workspaces and enterprise services to all our employees and operations and support MSD’s mission.
We are looking for a skilled leader to join our regional team who is ambitious to develop their career beyond this role. This is a pivotal position working within a professional, friendly and dynamic environment, executing and developing our facilities operating strategy across the UK. The successful incumbent will be based from our UK Headquarters in Hoddesdon, Hertfordshire and responsible for executing on the FM strategy and operations for the UK office headquarters based in Hoddesdon, offices in London, Maidenhead, Edinburgh and the research Discovery Science hub in London.
Specifically, this role requires
- Engaging with senior internal stakeholders to ensure services are focused and support their business needs
- Delivering compliant hard and soft Facility services in each location in partnership with our IFM provider
- Ensuring business continuity for facility services in our office and research environments.
- Site master planning including strategic asset lifecycle management, capital investment projects and right sizing real estate
- Playing a key role in the outsourced IFM provider governance process against agreed KPI’s and SLA’s
- Identifying initiatives and innovations to add value through a program of continuous improvement
- Ensures operation of facilities and execution of services in strict compliance with UK statutory and company quality, safety, engineering and environmental standards
- Managing a capital and expense budget with forecast accuracy
- Collaboration with influence with cross functional multi-disciplinary teams and business support functions
- Support MSD in the endeavor to sustain a values-driven culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrate integrity and customer focus as a basis for action and innovation.
- Leverage process improvement and Change Execution methodology
Qualifications and skills required
Strong leadership and excellent communication skills, flexible, customer focused. Culturally sensitive and builds strong relationships with clients, employees, third parties, line management and other stakeholders, able to apply influence and persuasion. Proactive and naturally takes initiative, identifies problems and establishes resolution leveraging local strategic partners and regional team expertise. Experience of managing a portfolio of diverse site services and commercial awareness. Project management experience and can apply change management methodologies. Possesses or is interested in developing six sigma Lean qualifications.
- University graduate in Science / Engineering / Finance / Commercial or related discipline.
- Relevant experience and demonstrated capability, preferably with Pharmaceutical Industry experience in a leadership or scientific role / Facility Management Engineering or related technical environment
- Thorough understanding of safety and quality compliance
- Excellent leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate and coach others to achieve results.
- Ability to plan, prioritise and effectively manage time, meet deadlines and produce quality deliverables.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- English language - proficient and fully fluent both written and verbal.
- Strong interpersonal skills and an understanding of the customer/client relationship involved in projects
- Familiar with project management execution methodology and tools.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Decision making - analyses issues from different points of view, able to draw accurate conclusions to support decision making and make timely decisions.
- Openness to and ability to deliver change.
- High personal ethics and integrity, credibility and energy. Demonstrates unconscious bias thinking
- Ability to identify areas for improvement either in business systems or product development. Demonstrated ability to be self driven with respect to implementing identified improvement initiatives.
- Sigma Green belt certification