Senior Operations Engineer
Our client, a government run organisation, are now recruiting for a Senior Operations Engineer to join their team.
To lead the team of Operations Engineers, M&E Supervisors and the in-house team, being responsible for the operational activities of property, including planned maintenance, specialist term contracts, statutory compliance, reactive maintenance and preparations for functions. To have responsibility for service delivery, project and programme management and maintaining stakeholder relationships across specified areas.
- To manage the Operations Engineering Team to provide clear and effective line management and support in full compliance with the standards and policies. To ensure that individuals are undertaking their duties effectively, that they reach performance standards and that development needs are addressed and identified.
- Working in close liaison with the M&E Supervisor, to oversee works and drive the performance of contractors and the in-house team to ensure that works are completed on time, within budget and to the required specification and quality standards.
- To be responsible for the conservation, repair and maintenance of the building services in specified areas as well as the provision, operation and supervision of day-to-day M&E maintenance work and projects from the annual works programme. This includes, but is not limited to, new work, services, public health engineering services, safety and fire precaution related works and refurbishment projects.
- To develop and implement best practice policies, procedures and standards for the conservation, repair and maintenance of the building services of. To review and agree these with the Heads of Property Operations in London to work closely with them to ensure ongoing compliance and continuous improvement.
- To ensure that the building services and structures that house them within specified areas are regularly tested and inspected and that work is programmed, planned and scheduled accordingly
- To be responsible for the end-to-end management of a range of works, varying in scope and scale. This will include: planning; preparation of specifications, schedules of work, sketch plans and simple working drawings; management of the tender process; appointment of contractors; supervision through to completion and settlement of final accounts
- To liaise closely with Property Section colleagues to ensure projects are appropriately co-ordinated with other works so as to minimise disruption, ensure best use of resources and ensure that work is carried out to the highest possible standards
- To lead on behalf of the Property Section the preparations for internal events and functions
Compliance and Risk Management:
- To ensure compliance across the Operations Engineering Team with statutory duties and legislative requirements and that associated policies and procedures (internal and external) are known and adhered to; to carry out the role of ‘nominated person’ for particular systems; to check and monitor competence of staff, consultants and contractors that are assigned to work on the systems; to report regularly regarding statutory compliance to the ‘responsible person’ and the ‘duty holder’; to ensure that corrective measures are taken when necessary to address any issues of non-compliance
- To ensure that the plant, equipment and services are regularly inspected and that maintenance is properly planned; to ensure that works are prioritised, carried out at required intervals to required standards and that recommendations are followed
- To actively promote a culture of risk awareness and management and to regularly review compliance
Financial, Contract and Systems Management:
- To ensure that across the Operations Engineering Team that all financial, tender and contract management processes comply with internal procedures, and that financial authorisations fall within delegations
- In conjunction with the Operations Engineers and Maintenance Supervisor, monitor the performance of contractors to ensure works are completed within budget, on time, to the required standard and provide best value
- To ensure works are procured in the most cost-effective manner in order to achieve excellent value for money
- To ensure good records management practices are adhered to (to include tender documents, archives and historic documents, photograph library and technical drawings)
- Qualified to Masters level in Engineering (or equivalent), with varied and extensive M&E experience, you’re an expert in your field.
- Experience of working on multi-site estates or with listed buildings would be a real advantage, as well as a good command of Building Management Systems.
- Organised, pro-active and with lots of initiative, you'll know how to juggle a varied range of property challenges, adapting to meet to tight deadlines and changing circumstances.
- You’ll also be well versed in statutory compliance and risk, cost control and contract management, and project management.
- Strong people management skills will be vital to your success; you’ll have a genuine interest in motivating and leading a team, whilst also progressing their professional development.
- And with a strong customer focus, you’ll be able to build positive relationships with senior management and external contractors alike, quickly becoming a trusted source of advice.
- Perceptive, analytical and resourceful, you'll be quick to assess issues, reacting effectively with innovative solutions. Additionally, a strategic mindset will make you a valuable asset to the collaborative, continuous progress of the Property Section.
If of interest, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org without hesitation!
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Director / Head / VP Secretarial & Administration jobs in Berkshire
- Engineering, maintenance Director / Head / VP Secretarial & Administration jobs in Berkshire
- Health & safety Director / Head / VP Secretarial & Administration jobs in Berkshire
- Operations Director / Head / VP Secretarial & Administration jobs in Berkshire