Facilities Support Officer
Our client, a leading community organisation, are now seeking a proactive, organised and dynamic Facilities Support Officer to join their Corporate Services Team.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Support all London offices and sites, providing regular personal operational rotation coverage, adjusting as required to deal with urgent and unforeseeable events
- Attend staff monthly meetings in each office providing information relating to current and forthcoming facilities activities and minuting the Facilities and Resources aspects of meetings
- Provide superior customer service to meet and deliver on-site client needs and expectations
- Contribute and assist in the management of all administrative, facilities & HSQE management systems
- Maintain accurate documentation and facilities data management information
- Provide support for regular reporting of Facilities activities and actions to Trust Management.
Procurement & Contractor Management:
- Assist in the management and supervision of on-site contractors ensuring they deliver to the required standards (including inspection of works) and health and safety standards
- Assist in the procurement of contractors and services as required
- Assist in financial processes to ensure that all financial management requirements relating to facilities and resourcing are completed in a timely and accurate manner
- Ensure prompt and accurate management of purchase orders in PIMS and in the receipt and distribution of purchased resources across the Trust
Health & Safety Management:
- Ensure accident books across the Trust are completed each time an incident occurs, and that all incidents are recorded on the accident report spreadsheet
- Conduct regular site audits to ensure safety procedures on-site are in place and working
- Assist in carrying out safety procedures as and when required, i.e. monthly emergency lighting testing, & etc.
- Carry out weekly and monthly premises inspections and follow up on any issues raised to ensure resolution in a timely and effective manner.
- Undertake DSE risk assessments and building inductions for all new starters
- Undertake and/or manage the coordination of fire alarm testing and fire drills across Groundwork London offices and sites
- Carry out monthly First Aid kit checks & restock
- Administer and maintain all H&S site records and fire safety log books
- Co-ordinate Facilities \Management inspections and maintenance as required
- Ensure all Risk Assessments relating Premises, Fire, Programme Activity, COSHH, Manual Handling, Working at Height and any other risk assessments that are required for Trust sites’ activities and processes are conducted in a timely manner and properly recorded and filed for reference.
- Environmental Management System
- Collect & Maintain Environmental Management System monitoring data logs for reporting purposes
- Manage and arrange the on-site recycling arrangements & waste collections
- Ensure compliance of hazardous substance management and storage, through maintaining the COSHH register, carrying out weekly flushing of little used water sources at LCR for Legionella requirements, arrange and compile records at Morley Street for F-gas requirements.
Site Operations Management:
- Assist in the implementation of Industry Best Practices
- Conduct site inspections and assessments to ensure all building procedures and performance measures are maintained at all times
- Seek to identify ways and means to reduce facilities and resourcing costs and to improve operational standards and effectiveness.
- Ensure office equipment, stationary supplies and consumables (such as tea & coffee, etc.) inventories are kept and up to date to ensure timely and accurate ordering for all offices
- Assist as required in the day to day running of facilities support services across all the offices, e.g. organising cleaning, waste removal, liaising with landlords & tenants, and service and maintenance companies and contractors
- Organise routine maintenance across the estate, providing day to day support in the provision of hard and soft facilities services
- Maintain all premises in a neat and good working condition at all times
- Issue duplicate keys maintaining good records of office key holder logs and ensure return of keys by departing officers and staff
- Ensure that at all times printers, photocopiers and plotters are supplied with appropriate toners, waste toner cartridges, staples and paper
- Assist with printer restocking and issues, arranging the attendance of printer engineers as required
- Report any problems with computers & associated equipment (Inc. printers, photocopiers and plotters) and telephone systems to ICT as soon as possible.
- Risk Management
- Assist in the implementation and management of property risk management program
- Support the updating, implementation and monitoring of disaster recovery and business continuity plans
- Follow established escalation procedures and incident reporting procedures
- Adhere to all Policies and Procedures by ensuring compliance with statutory and mandatory regulations and the Trust’s in-house guidelines, procedures and strategies
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply!
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Executive / Officer / Estimator jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Estates, property Executive / Officer / Estimator jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Health & safety Executive / Officer / Estimator jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Operations Executive / Officer / Estimator jobs in Secretarial & Administration