We have an exciting opportunity for a Contract Manager to join a forward thinking, friendly and growing Facilities Management organisation in Hertfordshire
We are looking for someone who has student accommodation experience either within a university school, college, hospital or student halls/residence
- Contract Manager
- Facilities Management
- Salary £45000 - £50000
- Location Hertfordshire
- Must have student accommodation experience
- PFI would be an advantage but not essential
As a Contract Manager you will lead the contract ensuring the successful management of Total FM services within the project. This is to be carried out in line with budgetary requirements and timescales within a professional, busy and vibrant atmosphere.
The overall team vision is to provide a high-quality FM service in partnership with the clients and stakeholders
The successful applicant will be able to deliver a broad range of Facilities Management expertise with proven ability of delivering FM services within a student accommodation environment
- Lead and take ultimate responsibility for the delivery of operational day-to-day Total FM services across the projects such as, Hard FM, Cleaning, Grounds and Sports Facilities.
- Maximise profits whilst achieving the required quality standards with minimal penalty deductions.
- Manage commercial contract matters to minimise the risk, ensuring budget targets are exceeded, including benchmarking, local dispute resolution etc., and escalation where required.
- Ensure the projects are managed in accordance with H&S best practice
- Provide overall leadership to the project to provide a customer focused, cost effective, and efficient FM service, including line management responsibility for Service Managers and other individuals at that level reporting to you.
- Work in collaboration with the SPV and client to and implement FM initiatives
- Manage P&L accounts for FM services, variations and lifecycle replacement within agreed budget targets
- Ensure a robust asset management system is in place backed up by effective use of QFM or another relevant CAFM system
- Ensure full compliance with legislation, relevant contract requirements, maintenance standards and associated policies & procedures and accredited quality standards.
- Supporting the business as required in identifying and pursuing growth opportunities, in conjunction with the bid development team
- Management of and responsibility for the financial performance of the contract
- Risk management - identifying and minimizing risk, early identification of potential problems, escalating where necessary to the Head of FM
- Leading on operational matters for the site under your control
- Over 5 years Facilities Management experience within a challenging environment is essential within Student accommodation/ education sector
- Over 3 years experience of leading an Facilities Management operational team
- Experience of managing PFI contracts. (advantage)
- Strong multi-discipline experience in a similar environment
- Management of FM direct/outsourced service delivery
- Financial Management
- Effective Communicator and Team Leader
- Proactive 'can do' management style
- Experienced in the operation of an FM software package i.e. QFM / Maximo etc.