Head of Facilities Management - Wembley Stadium & St. George's Park
Head of Facilities Management (Wembley Stadium & St. George’s Park)
Base Location; Wembley Stadium
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England and has the responsibility to promote and develop the game at all levels from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International team.
This role is essential in ensuring we maintain and develop Wembley Stadium and St. George’s Park as world leading inspirational venues and ensuring the Stadium is ready to host Euro 2020 and assist with planning for other major tournaments as required.
- To provide total Facilities Management services at all FA properties but focusing particularly on Wembley Stadium.
- To ensure all venues are compliant and operationally ready at all times on both event and non-event days.
- Provide proactive and reactive FM support, guidance and advice to the Stadium GM or their delegate.
- Lead the FM Team including Technical Manager, Soft Services Contract Manager and Logistics Manager, developing people, structures and processes that improve resilience, performance and service as well as actively managing our external 3rd party and supplier relationships.
- Support and contribute to the development and integration of the FM Team with Property and Operations Teams.
- Events and Business As Usual (BAU) - ensure all activities, on every day, are understood, planned and resourced, and appropriate to respond to issues as they arise including supporting any emergency response.
- H&S, Audit & Compliance - ensure venues are operationally ready, resilient and compliant at all times.
- Contract Management - manage suppliers, including procurement, reviews, change control and enforcement of contract terms as required.
- Workplace Services - review, maintain and improve where necessary a fully functioning logistics team including event activities and non-event support, print & post room as well as reception
- Sustainability - manage the development/delivery of sustainability initiatives and processes through the FA Sustainability Team (FAST).
- Resilience & Asset Management - develop, implement and maintain a Venue Resilience Risk Register to ensure the appropriate level of resilience and develop, implement and maintain a complete Fixed Asset Register to enable accurate life cycle/capex planning.
- Strategy, Governance & Approvals - develop and maintain a robust budget, identifying year-on-year saving opportunities.
- Leadership & Team Development - develop the FM Team, ensuring there is clarity on roles, responsibilities and requirements for progression whilst embedding behaviours and a culture that fosters integration, collaboration and continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experience;
- Leading Hard & Soft FM in a critical environments
- Working with multi supply partners across various disciplines
- Leading and developing medium to large size teams
- Strategic thinking with vision, imagination and a sense of culture and behavioural change.
- Budget setting and P&L responsibility
- Report and business case writing skills
- Excellent communication and customer management
- Member of Facilities Institution
- HND or above in technically biased discipline
- Event venue operations
- Construction principles knowledge
- Operation of building BMS/CAFM systems
- Familiar with HAVAC systems operations
- Responsible person for Water Hygiene with Cooling Towers
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your covering letter.