Area Engineer (Mechanical)
Maxwell Stephens are recruiting for the unique opportunity to be part of a leading research company.
The position sits within the Facilities and Infrastructure function and reports directly to the Head of the Technical.
The team comprises of a central body of subject matter experts, with the responsibility of providing technical support for the critical building services and control systems, and the associated plant, equipment and core utilities, which provide the specialised and regulated environments required to enable world-class science to be carried out within the building.
The jobholder will develop a detailed knowledge of the specialist critical building infrastructure systems and operational processes.
The role will include providing day-to-day support of the building operational teams and the science end users. Additionally, there will be a requirement to manage some capital improvement projects with the associated budgetary and contractor management responsibilities.
The role involves monitoring, developing and implementing the operations and maintenance strategy for the building services (e.g. ventilation, steam and water systems) and associated assets throughout the building, providing technical assurance to the client that ensures compliance with the defined specifications.
These include but are not limited to:
- Act as the principle engineering contact with respect to the operational and maintenance activities for the relevant customer/user groups. Work closely with the users to understand their requirements, priorities and operational methodologies.
- Translate client requirements and deliver improvement project initiatives to achieve the specified outcomes, which increase maintenance and operational performance of critical facilities.
- Deliver mechanical infrastructure capital projects to improve reliability and resilience and energy efficiency of the facility.
- Develop the operation and maintenance strategy in conjunction with the Hard FM service partner and ensure the strategy is adhered to and continually developed, such that the operational performance is optimised and the client remains compliant within the statutory and regulatory constraints that govern the site operations.
- Provide engineering and maintenance expertise for effective problem solving and troubleshooting complex problems.
- Provide technical input into the procurement process required for maintenance contracts, critical spares, and other purchased plant and equipment, including new projects.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements within the area of responsibility. This may include Home Office, EA, and HSE standards, e.g. LOLER, PSSR and L8
- Carry out internal audits and provide analysis to support monitoring of Hard FM partner compliance with SLA’s and performance against defined specifications and KPI’s.
- Liaise closely with the F&I Engineering Projects Team in order to ensure a ‘life cycle’ approach to implementation of capital projects. Provide support during the scoping, installation, commissioning and handover phases to ensure the client requirements are fully met.
Key experience and competencies
Qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Minimum HNC or equivalent qualified in relevant discipline.
- Experience of working in complex and critical process environments at engineer level.
- Experience of regulatory and legislative requirements including but not limited to cGLP, Home Office, HSE, British Standards, SAPO and ACDP and the Animal Procedures Act.
- Working knowledge and experience of all health and safety and environmental legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Experienced in plant, equipment, and system design, configuration, installation, commissioning, and operations
- A detailed understanding of critical plant and systems, and corresponding maintenance strategies
- Experience in managing small to medium sized projects through the full lifecycle, including scoping, budget control and contractor management.
- Experience of effective utilisation of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and facilities management (CAFM) software platforms.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Demonstrated complex problem solving skills.
- A self-starter and strong team player, flexible and able to work effectively without close supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and able to develop excellent working relationships with all relevant departments.
Qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Degree qualified in engineering discipline.
- Experience of working with high containment or animal facilities.
Send your CV to cv@maxwellstephens with out delay if this role is of interest
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Greater)
- Engineering, maintenance Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Greater)
- Estates, property Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Greater)
- Health & safety Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Greater)
- Operations Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Greater)