Area Engineer (Electrical)
Our client, a leading research centre, are recruiting for an Area Electrical Engineer to join their team.
The position sits within the Facilities and Infrastructure function and reports directly to the Head of the Technical.
The team comprises a central body of subject matter experts, with the responsibility of providing technical support for the critical building services and control systems, and the associated plant, equipment and core utilities, which provide the specialised and regulated environments required to enable world-class science to be carried out within the building.
The jobholder will develop a detailed knowledge of the specialist critical building infrastructure systems and operational processes. Responsibilities will also include development and implementation of capital improvement projects.
The role involves monitoring, developing and implementing the operations and maintenance strategy for the Medium and Low voltage electrical systems and associated assets throughout the building, providing technical assurance to the client, that ensures compliance with the defined specifications. Responsibilities also include undertaking the role of the MV designated person (11KV) for the client.
- Monitor, develop and implement industry best practice operations and maintenance strategy for the Medium and Low voltage electrical systems, and the associated electrical assets throughout the building in conjunction with the Hard FM service partner, acting as the MV designated person.
- Work in conjunction with the Engineering Projects team on key infrastructure projects, providing electrical engineering expertise and technical support throughout the whole project lifecycle.
- Identify and develop business cases for energy saving projects that provide optimum life cycle and efficiency of plant and equipment at minimal cost. Ensure operational reliability and resilience is maintained and enhanced without impact to science activities throughout the building.
- Deliver electrical infrastructure capital projects to improve reliability and resilience and energy efficiency of the facility.
- Ensure the site remains compliant within the statutory and regulatory constraints that govern the site operations in line with the electricity at work regulations. In addition, ensure compliance with Home Office, EA, and HSE guidance and regulations.
- Provide engineering and maintenance expertise for effective problem solving and troubleshooting complex problems.
- Carry out internal audits and provide analysis to support monitoring of Hard FM partner compliance with SLA’s and performance against defined specifications and KPI’s.
Key experience and competencies
The post holder should embody and demonstrate our client’s core values: bold, imaginative,
open, dynamic and collegial, in addition to the following:
Qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Minimum HNC or equivalent qualified in an electrical engineering discipline.
- Experience of working in complex and critical process environments at engineer level.
- Demonstrates excellent working knowledge of automated power management systems and standby electrical generation plant.
- Able to challenge and advise on MV and LV switching schedules.
- Experience of regulatory and legislative requirements including but not limited to Home Office, HSE, British Standards.
- Experienced in building services plant, equipment, system design, configuration, installation, commissioning, and operations.
- Experience in managing capital projects through the full lifecycle, including scoping, budget control and contractor management.
- Experience of effective utilisation of planned preventative maintenance (PPM) and facilities management (CAFM) software platforms.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Demonstrated complex problem solving skills.
- A self-starter and strong team player, flexible and able to work effectively without close supervision.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and able to develop excellent working relationships with all relevant departments.
Qualifications, experience and competencies:
- Degree qualified in engineering discipline.
- Experience of working with high containment or laboratory based facilities including cGLP.
To be considered for this position, send your CV to email@example.com without delay
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Engineering, maintenance Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Estates, property Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Health & safety Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Technical services, ICT Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)