Hard services Manager
Technical Facilities Manager
- Technical Facilities Manager OR Hard services Manager
- Facilities Management Contract
- £45,000 - £50,000
- Mechanical or Electrical Qualified
- Student accommodation or education industry; university experience (Essential)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Service Facilities Manager to work with a forward thinking, friendly and growing Facilities Management organisation in Hertfordshire
The successful applicant will be able to deliver a broad range of Facilities Management expertise with proven ability of delivering FM technical services within a University environment, demonstrating the ability to work individually as well as managing and supporting a team.
The successful candidate will lead and take ultimate responsibility for the delivery of operational day-to-day Technical Hard Facilities management Services such as, basic M&E, alarm systems, statutory compliance, sub contract management & procurement and small building fabric repairs. In doing so the successful candidate will:
- Ensure service delivery exceeds customer expectations and delivers excellence, working closely with the Client to maximise the asset and contract potential.
- Maximise profits / income whilst achieving the required quality standards with minimal penalty deductions.
- Manage associated subcontract matters to minimise the risk, ensuring budget targets are not exceeded
- Ensure the project is managed in accordance with H&S best practice
- Provide overall leadership to the Maintenance team to provide a customer focused, cost effective, and efficient FM service, including line management responsibility for the Maintenance Team Supervisor and Maintenance Services delivery staff
- Ensure a robust asset management system is in place backed up by effective use of QFM or another relevant CAFM system
- Ensure full compliance with legislation, relevant contract requirements
- Ensure appropriate contracts are in place with any suppliers or subcontractors
- Work closely with compliance / administration team and feed in to relevant processes and systems as required to ensure effective use of internal workforces
- Demonstrate the Company's core values of respect, involve, trust, challenge and deliver excellence.
- Form part of on-call rota with availability 24/7 to attend site if required as necessary.
- Produce and manage report as required by the Contract Managers in a timely manner for the monthly reports, or as required.
- Manage the defects processes from identification through to resolution.
- Leading on Technical Audits, including managing the closing out of remedial actions as required
- Acting as AP for all appropriate disciplines as assigned.
- Any other responsibilities as directed in line with the role.
- Technical/M&E practical background or experience
- Experience in the PFI University Sector
- Facilities Management experience within a challenging environment is essential, preferably within the Public Sector/University Sector.
- Experience of leading an Facilities Management operational team
- Recognised relevant qualification in Facilities Management technical engineering mechanical or electrical
- Experience of PFI contracts.
- Strong Hard Services experience in a similar environment
- Public Sector/University student accommodation environment.
- Management of FM direct/outsourced service delivery
- Effective Communicator and Team Leader
- Proactive 'can do' management style
- Experienced in the operation of an FM software package i.e. QFM / Maximo etc.
Knowledge / Skills
- Strong Computer Literacy
- Excellent Written and oral communication skills
- Strong Motivational Skills
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Diplomacy and tact
- Ability to liaise confidently and professionally at all levels
- Excellent organisational skills
- Working knowledge of public sector establishments
- Ability to lead, manage and develop a team
- Ability to implement change
- Ability to think strategically
- Ability to prioritise work load effectively and efficiently
- Ability to work under own initiative
- Good sense of humour
- Flexible, Professional, and Proactive approach to working