Technical Services Manager (Director Designate)- Channel Islands
Technical Services Manager (Director Designate) - Channel Islands
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a proven, qualified Technical Services Manager with extensive management experience to join the Herm Island team on a permanent basis.
Herm is located three miles off the larger island of Guernsey in the Channel Islands between Southern England and France. It is a picturesque holiday resort with a resident population of just 60 people that swells to double during the summer months, along with about 2000 guests a day.
It has one hotel, a vibrant pub, two shops, 20 holiday cottages and a campsite. Being a small, sometimes isolated island, working and living on Herm can be challenging and demanding requiring flexibility, a positive attitude and absolute professionalism. But, as a unique location, it is also immeasurably rewarding with never a dull moment and offers a once in a lifetime opportunity to the right candidate.
Herm Island Technical Services Manager responsibilities include:
- Directly managing a multi-disciplinary service team of 16+, ensuring work is prioritised for the efficient operation of the island and its businesses.
- Setting and managing budgets and implementing cost effective solutions.
- Managing island infrastructure, including the power station, water supply network and sewerage system.
- Project management from conception to completion.
- Ensuring compliance in regard to H&S, lease and environmental regulations.
- Ensuring the entire island, including its infrastructure, is operational and maintained.
- Managing contractors.
- Liaising and being point of contact for relevant States of Guernsey departments.
- Managing island waste operations.
- Recruitment of staff including drafting job descriptions, placing adverts, appraisal of candidates, interviews and guidance for moving to the island.
- Developing and maintaining positive collaborative relations with both internal and external service users.
The Ideal Candidate
- Strong leadership skills.
- Amiable, professional and approachable at all times.
- Good knowledge and understanding of utilities and infrastructure.
- Experience of property management and building services.
- Committed and dedicated.
- Willing to respond 24/7.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills.
- Knowledge of IT systems.
- IOSH or NEBOSH qualified.
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Manager / Supervisor Private sector jobs in Channel Islands
- Estates, property Manager / Supervisor Private sector jobs in Channel Islands
- Health & safety Manager / Supervisor Private sector jobs in Channel Islands
- Operations Manager / Supervisor Private sector jobs in Channel Islands
- Technical services, ICT Manager / Supervisor Private sector jobs in Channel Islands