As the Waste Manager for the NEC, your role will be to manage the waste operation and waste logistics of this major contract for OCS. You will be ensuring high quality and professional services are delivered within budget and in compliance with Health and Safety legislation, Contract Specification, Waste Regulations, EU Road Haulage Regulations and Company Policies. You'll also manage the recruitment, induction and training of employees, to meet stringent service delivery levels for the client along with procurement forming an important factor in this role.
As the Waste Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day waste and transport operations, ensuring high quality and professional services are delivered within budget, that all waste is handled and waste transfers are completed in line with Waste Regulations, that the transport operation runs within road transport regulations, that vehicles remain in a safe and roadworthy condition as required under Road Transport Operator Licensing, actively monitoring drivers hours and working time with particular emphasis on EU drivers hours rules and EU working time directive.
Reporting to the Head of Facilities Services, you will also develop an excellent relationship with the client representatives, communicating effectively at all times, responding to any issues raised and ensuring non-conformances are addressed within agreed timescales. You will maintain effective control of the operation through a number of reporting and monitoring tools including an electronic scheduling system, client EBMS system, CAFM, Tachomaster and the waste book.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing activities in respect of the NEC Group Waste contract
- Co-ordinating all waste transport operations for the NEC and NEC Group waste contract
- Maintaining an effective scheduling system both for staff and waste collections
- Ensuring vehicles remain compliant within EU Road Transport Regulations
- Actively monitoring drivers and ensuring drivers operate in accordance with EU drivers hours rules and EU working time directive
- Ensuring financial budgets are monitored and costs do not exceed the budgetary amounts
- Ensuring a robust H&S Management plan is in place to provide a successful operation
- Providing a monthly waste report showing status of operations and highlighting any key points, issues and areas of risk or concern
- Making sure all orders are placed with vendors in order that deliveries are received in full and on time
- Liaising with OCS & NEC stakeholders to ensure that all deadlines are met
- Recognised professional qualification in Waste Management would be desirable, but not essential as training can be provided (ideally WAMITAB accredited)
- International Transport Managers CPC in Road Haulage - preferred
- Health & Safety qualification preferred
- HGV Class 2 (category C) an advantage
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Strong Operational Management experience within a Facilities or Waste Management environment (essential), ideally with an emphasis on Waste Management
- Experience of managing transport would be an advantage
- Willing & enthusiastic
- Able to work on your own
- Good time management
- Strong communication skills
- Results driven
- Adaptable to changing environment and requests
- Strong leader with high integrity
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.