Chemring Countermeasures is a world leading and innovative company, designing and developing countermeasure solutions to armed forces throughout the world.
We are part of the Chemring Group of companies and have a solid global infrastructure which also helps us to thrive.
We are currently looking for a Facilities (Automation Production Plant) Manager in our Maintenance Engineering Team.
You will be responsible for proactively maintaining and continuously improving systems, services, plant and equipment to meet Health & Safety legislation, industry standards and Production requirements. Maintain the High Post site to a high standard. In addition you will demonstrate strong leadership to lead a Team of Senior Engineers in pursuit of maintenance ‘Best Practice’ demonstrated through development of company KPI’s, internal and external audit scores.
Responsibilities of the role will include, but not limited to:
* Lead a team of Senior Engineers to deliver high plant & equipment uptime with the goal of supporting Production plans. Develop Engineers through PRP, appraisals, PDP’s as well as maintaining existing skills.
* Adherence to legislative and statutory maintenance.
* Identify and deliver safety critical maintenance plans on time.
* Identify and plan critical spares.
* Deliver maintenance to budgetary requirements. To set and control revenue and capital spend budgets.
* Maintenance compliance with CCM and statutory HSE policies and requirements.
* Deliver best cost solutions to maintenance, projects and shutdown plans.
* Implementation of Lean Manufacturing Techniques.
* Develop and measure Maintenance KPI’s
* Contractor Management (including permits to work)
* Manage all environmental aspects relating to site facilities (including waste management)
- Right to live and work in the UK, with ability to obtain SC level clearance (5 years British residency)
- Degree / Diploma Level or equivalent, ideally within a maintenance or engineering discipline
- NEBOSH Certification
- Maintenance experience within an automated manufacturing environment
- Proven management experience leading a team of maintenance engineers
- Demonstrable experience in using current maintenance techniques to maintain plant and equipment within an automated process industry
- Proven working knowledge in maintenance plan execution
- Experience in using Integrated Computerised Maintenance Management System (CMMS)
- Experience in Risk Assessments and Method Statements
- Working knowledge of Statutory & Regulatory requirements
- Proficient in MS Office
If this position is of interest, please submit your CV to our Recruitment Team firstname.lastname@example.org including salary expectations.