If you're looking to lead on a wide range of property management issues as well as on a varied portfolio, this opportunity is not one to miss.
The portfolio covers not only healthcare premises, but commercial premises too based in the heart of London, south east London and south east England.
What does the role include?
- Rent reviews
- Lease renewals
- Acquisitions and Disposals
- Rent arrears and debt recovery
- Co-ordination and calculation of service charges
A large hospital
Operational delivery and Contract Management:
- Day to day management and work relating to the property portfolios in accordance with landlord and tenant legislation and good estate management practice
- Plan and co-ordinate complex activities including planning applications, legal and occupations across the estate and to adjust plans and strategies to meet priorities
- Respond to planning applications for developments protecting the Client's interest. This includes representing them at external meetings
- Support the CAD team, providing information on plans and the whole estate
- Liaise with occupants to assist in the preparation and maintenance of service level agreements
- Create reports and documents and have wide experience of both storing and managing legal property documents
- Lead on complex negotiation's involving but not limited to, terms for licences, easements and wayleaves in respect of the Client's property and investigate and resolve encroachments on the Client's holdings.
- Manage budgets in the £ millions and identify savings and new revenue streams
- Prepare particulars and marketing of land and property for sale or to let
- Provide valuation advice to Head of Property and assist with the valuation of Clients' properties as and when required
- Support the Head of Property in preparing regular reports on legal and planning issues for the Board and sub committees.
- Support the implementation of the strategic estate development plan and lend property specialist assistance to the Capital Project team
- Represents the Client at formal board meetings with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Procure and recommend the appointment of third party consultants and agents or other service providers in accordance with the requirements of the Client's instructions
- Manage consultants' and multidisciplinary team's workload and outputs to ensure delivery to agreed timescales
- To regularly undertake property inspections and site visits
- Educated to degree level
- Chartered Surveyor or qualifications and experience leading to the Chartered status
- Technical knowledge in Property Management
- Experience in Property Management with a varied estate portfolio
- Experience of strategic asset management
- Managing major asset portfolios
- CAD/space management experience
- Expert knowledge of planning, land law and Landlord and Tenant legislation
- Ability to analyse complex problems and develop practical and workable solutions
- Ability to lead on complex negotiations
The ideal candidate would benefit from a competitive salary.