The purpose of the role is to be a key member of the team responsible for the operational activities of the Estate, including planned maintenance, specialist term contracts, statutory compliance, reactive maintenance and preparations for functions, and to have responsibility for service delivery, project and programme management and maintaining stakeholder relationships across specified areas of the London Estate.
The post holder is responsible for oversight of the work carried out by the in-house supervisors and maintenance team. Responsible for multiple project budgets and is required to accurately forecast cash flow on a monthly basis.
The post-holder will be expected to make expedient and reactive decisions and take ownership of the decisions made without referral but will refer policy, strategic or non-routine issues to the Head of Operations and escalate further as required.
Operational Management and Hard FM
- To be responsible for the refurbishment, modernisation, repair and maintenance of the building services across the Estate as well as the provision, operation and supervision of day-to-day M&E maintenance and operational work and delivery of projects from the annual works programme.
- To ensure that the building services within the Estate are regularly tested and inspected and that work is programmed, planned and scheduled accordingly and to the relevant statutory guidelines.
- As required, to assist with the preparation for events and functions; including large scale events, smaller-scale regular functions such as receptions and meetings, and “one-off” events
- To be responsible for MEP project management from inception to in-use for a range of works, varying in scope and scale. This will include: planning; preparation of specifications, schedules of work, sketch plans and simple working drawing; management of the tender process; appointment of contractors; programme management; supervision through to completion and settlement of final accounts; monthly reporting on progress and cash flow forecasting to the project board.
- To liaise closely with colleagues to ensure projects are appropriately co-ordinated with other works so as to minimise disruption, ensure best use of resources and ensure that work is carried out to the highest possible standards
- Working in close liaison with the Maintenance Supervisor, to oversee works and drive the performance of contractors and the in-house team to ensure that works are completed on time, within budget and to the required specification and quality standards
- Statutory Compliance, health and Safety and Risk Management
- To ensure compliance with statutory duties and legislative requirements and that associated policies and procedures (internal and external) are known and adhered to; to carry out the role of ‘authorised, responsible or nominated person’ for particular systems; to check and monitor competence of staff, consultants and contractors that are assigned to work on the systems; to report regularly on statutory compliance to the ‘duty holder’; to ensure that corrective measures are taken when necessary, are captured reviewed and actions closed, to address any issues of non-compliance
- Management of multiple maintenance contracts to ensure that the plant, equipment and services are regularly inspected and that maintenance is properly planned; to ensure that works are prioritised, carried out at required intervals to required standards and that recommendations are followed. Review of insurance certificates and reports on a monthly basis and authorise payment for contracts.
Financial, Contract Management
- To ensure all financial, tender and contract management processes comply with internal procedures, governance and procurement policies.
- To ensure all management systems and records are accurately completed and maintained according to retention schedules.
- Raising purchase orders for suppliers on an accounts system and ensuring that works are invoiced in a timely manner.
- To pro-actively manage key stakeholder relationships during project works and communicate regularly to relevant internal stakeholders (including the client and all those affected by the works) on the progress and impact of works so as to minimise disruption
- To liaise closely with customers to build and establish good working relationships and ensure that the service provided meets their needs and that their expectations are managed.
- Preferably educated to degree level in a relevant discipline, but not essential and ideally gained within an environment of occupied spaces. Experience of managing and maintaining historic / listed buildings would be an advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in the management of statutory compliance and risk management in relation to building services.
- Adept at managing stakeholder relationships, with a diplomatic and collaborative approach, natural interpersonal skills and influence at all levels.
- Experience of cost control and contract management.
- Good project management skills. Able to manage a varied portfolio of work, adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise work/resources.
- Have good people management and contractor relationship management skills.
- A logical problem solver with good judgement and decision making capability. Able to remain level-headed under pressure.
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional and geographical boundaries, where flexibility and a ‘can do’ approach to teamwork is essential.
- Genuinely passionate about and familiar with a customer-driven approach to the delivery of property services, with a rigorous approach to standards of internal customer service and continuous improvement.
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office and CAD. Experience working with a Building Management System.
To apply, send your CV to email@example.com
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Greater)
- Engineering, maintenance Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Greater)
- Estates, property Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Greater)
- Health & safety Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Greater)
- Operations Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Greater)