Head of Facilities
3 days left
- Full Time
Wilton Park operates with approximately 86 staff and was reaccredited as an Investors in People, a recognition of the high priority given to the management and training of staff.
Purpose of the post:
To manage and provide a suitable working environment for our customers, employees and their respective activities.
To oversee, lead and manage the facilities team in Wiston House:
- Planned and reactive building/facilities related maintenance •
- Restoration and refurbishment of this Grade 1 listed buildin
- The management of the outsourced service contractors;
- Contract cleaning team •
- Contract security team
To be responsible for the management of non-core services that support the core business of Wilton Park, improving efficiency and facilities, reducing operating costs whilst increasing customer satisfaction
- Lead and line management of facilities team of (currently four in-house staff) who carry out a range of functions including maintenance, porterage, rubbish removal, working with contractors, planned activities
- Be responsible for ensuring all statutory requirements take place as required particularly around;
- Fire risk assessments and their actions
- Electrical testing, including 5 year total electrical testing schedule
- Legionella testing
- Emergency evacuation and fire equipment testing
- Manage the contract cleaning and security service, checking that agreed work has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
- Manage and maintain an accurate and timely record of the planned maintenance arrangements for the site, including the redecoration of the premises, assets, dilapidations register etc
- Arrange for replacements of fixtures & fittings as required
- Manage and oversee requirements for internal enhancement, restoration and refurbishment projects in line with the dilapidations report and managing the associated Capital Expenditure budget
- Manage Contracts for external suppliers ensuring compliance with Government Procurement Policies and Procedures, Carbon Reduction Commitment Policy and Sustainability objectives
- Manage delegated budgets relating to repairs and maintenance, Capital Expenditure in liaison with the Director Finance and Corporate Services and accounts team on a regular basis
- Manage and oversee all updates and alterations required in accordance with the Fire Risk Assessment and other statutory requirements reports, ensuring works are carried out in a timely fashion and to a high standard
- Manage car parks, carparking arrangements, and the issues of car park access Cards
- Ensure that the building meets Health and Safety requirements and all facilities comply with legislation
- Working with Landlord’s Architect: identify and prioritise projects relating to Grade 1 listed building status; Project planning and management of future internal enhancement, restoration and refurbishment projects; leading these projects to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
- Using performance management techniques to monitor and demonstrate achievement of agreed service levels and to lead on improvement
- Ensure all the Facilities Team and Security Teams are first aiders ensuring first aid qualifications are kept up to date
- To work closely and in co-operation with the Head of Operations, and the Operations Team to ensure the smooth running of the service
- Respond appropriately to emergencies (including out of hours - when available) or urgent issues as they arise, liaising with emergency services, and working with Senior management as appropriate
- In conjunction with other managers and Heads of Department, lead any security event or fire evacuation, ensuring where possible the safety of the staff and customers
- Carrying out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
Closing date 28 April 2019.
For full details of this post and how to apply, please click on the 'Apply Button'.
Interviews are likely to be held w/c 13 May 2019.
Please indicate your availability. We look forward very much to receiving your application.