SHEQ Advisor, Wakefield
We are recruiting on behalf on a leading Facilities Management organisation for a SHEQ Advisor based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire.
- SHEQ Advisor
- £35000-40000 plus car and benefits
- Facilities Management Contract
The main purpose of this role is to advise and support the contract regarding Health, safety, environment and quality management systems. You will be supporting the operational team in their day to day activities in repair, maintenance and construction within a multi-site operation.
- Provide guidance and advice to the team on compliance with statutory requirements and company standards
- Undertaking risk assessments relating to SHEQ (as required).
- Working with operational teams during the project lifecycle to ensure that SHEQ is considered at all stages and that relevant control measures are identified
- Assisting the business with the implementation of the ISO 9001, OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001 standards
- Undertaking ‘active’ monitoring and auditing of projects, providing feedback via the company’s reporting system
- Highlighting areas where poor practice and/or significant risk have occurred. Where necessary preventing works continuing on site
- Be responsible for ensuring effective close out of corrective actions raised, open incident reports, and significant site issues.
- Investigating incidents and producing detailed factual reports identifying root causes and recommendations for improvement
- Keeping up to date with new legislation and best practices in the industry through regular reading of journals and relevant website/ site visits
- Raise awareness on SHEQ and sustainability issues through toolbox talks and briefings, delivering training where necessary.
- Suitable qualifications in either H&S, quality or environmental management e.g. NEBOSH General/ Construction Certificate, IEMA etc.
- P402 and/ or P405 qualification
- Full driving licence
- Relevant experience of working as part of a SHEQ team
- Relevant experience in the Repair/Maintenance and construction sectors
- Up to date knowledge of UK legislation in relation to SHE