Technical Solutions Manager
1 day left
- Full Time
We're looking for an experienced Hard FM Solutions Manager to work within the Sales function of the Facilities Management, Defence and Justice (FMDJ) Business Unit. The successful candidate will be leading and managing the development of coherent, robust Hard Services solutions to meet client requirements, as part of individual bids or a strategic market offering.
At Amey our Bids may cover a range of FMDJ capabilities including: infrastructure and asset management, facilities management, complex support services. Bids may be standalone Amey opportunities or working with strategic partners delivered as a joint venture or consortium. Bids will vary in duration, size and complexity: from a few weeks for a Framework Bid, through to multi-stage 18 month long Negotiated processes, with contract values anything from £5mpa through to £150mpa. Bid stages to support include Soft Market Tests (working with Business Development colleagues), Expressions of Interest, PQQ, ITT/ITN, ISOS/ISDS, BAFO as well as closedown and handover to the mobilisation/delivery team.
· Identify and exploit opportunities to develop innovative and improved solutions, in response to market changes, future customer needs or identification of best practice within Amey
· Lead the solution development process, and team where required, for individual bids, including:
o Lead the analysis of client requirements and data, including due diligence and clarification, to ensure understanding
o Lead development of supply chain and teaming requirements
o Work with estimators to ensure solutions are priced accurately and effectively and ensure that the commercial offering is in line with the technical solution.
o Manage the risk and opportunities process for the solution
o Produce high quality written bid deliverables as required
· Act as the Hard Services subject matter expert for the Sales Team and bidding, and the focal point for liaising with the operational delivery teams on Hard Services matters
· Contribute to continuous development of the end to end solution development/architecture process for designing, building and mobilising customer solutions as part of the Sales Function
· Work with the Bid Lead / Head of Bidding to plan, manage and identify resource requirements for bids specifically those allocated to deliver the operational/technical solution.
· Ensure lessons learnt and best practice reviews are conducted to drive continual improvement, develop bidding strategies and promote innovation in the bid management community.
What are we looking for?
· Good technical and operational understanding of Hard Services operations, maybe with a particular specialism
· Experience of the solution development/bid process in a fast paced environment
· Understanding of commercial requirements including cost planning, estimating and managing risk.
· Good working knowledge of relevant legal, regulatory and commercial environments
· Ability to keep track of and prioritise multiple, complex, time-phased activities.
· Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills at all levels, and verbal and written communication.
· Able to embrace change and drive continual improvement, and leverage Business Unit and Amey-wide strengths.
· Team player, keen to help others to achieve.
· Flexible, agile, accountable, courageous, hands-on, adaptable, has presence, wins respect and has a sense of fun
· Should have a technical qualification