Associate Director of Estates Maintenance
A large NHS organisation is currently seeking a senior Estates Professional for a period of 5 months, the role will also cover Chief Engineer remit for the organisation.
- Provide leadership required for the technical and statutory compliance of the Estate, inform and create programs for improvement where short falls are found;
- Responsible for the revenue and capital budgets as allocated by the Executive Team;
- Engage in the cost improvement programs as required and ensure value for money in the day to day operation of the estate;
- Manage the performance of direct reports and their teams to ensure value for money, good deployment of their resources and compliance with the policies and procedures of the Estates and Capital Planning Department;
- Ensure that Maintenance, infrastructure, energy and sustainability teams are performing to the agreed levels and captured in the agreed performance KPI’s;
- Responsible for the alteration and creation of the systems and Procedures to operate the estate; That they are in place and operating so that the safety of patients, staff and Visitors is protected as far as is reasonably practical within the resources available;
- Responsible for the sustainable use of energy and utilities used by the trust and to promote the Estates planning and delivery of the NHS Carbon Reduction Commitment by delivery of the organisation’s Carbon Reduction and Energy Efficiency Programme;
- Significant experience at Principal Engineer level or equivalent for Engineering Services, including responsibility for line management of large complex teams;
- Experience of Operational Estates and Equipment Management using several different methods of service delivery;
- A degree in Engineering/equivalent qualification;
- Extensive experience within NHS Estates environment is a must due to complexity of workload within the organisation.