Head of Integrated Workplace Services
The Head of IWS is responsible for supporting the AWS Leader in the safe provision and effective management of EY’s Integrated Workplace Services across its offices in the UK.
Primary purpose is to facilitate positive integration of third party service partner and EY teams to ensure the IWS strategic outcomes, targets and objectives are achieved. To ensure that all business processes are conducted in accordance with all service partner contracted commitments and EY corporate policies and in a way which protects and enhances the image and reputation of EY. To ensure exceptional client service is consistently delivered across all areas.
Your key responsibilities
This position's primary responsibility is ensuring that exceptional standards are delivered across all areas of Workplace, Front of House and Document services as part of a holistic workplace strategy (buildings, people, technology). To ensure that services deliver the strategic outcomes that the Firm is seeking to achieve under the IWS Vision and Vision 2020+. To effectively lead and manage all direct areas of responsibility and to ensure through facilitation the contracted commitments of our service partners.
Working with the AWS Leader the position contributes to the development and implementation of organisational strategies, policies and practices. It ensures organisational effectiveness by providing timely and accurate financial and performance management information relevant to the services provided across IWS. In addition to ensure safe and effective delivery of all IWS services and managed projects.
This position will also interact with key stakeholders in the business as a relationship manager.
Other Key Responsibilities
- Workplace strategy – as a key member of a cross functional team, define and support a holistic workplace strategy that delivers the optimal real estate strategy (workspace), working environment and design with workplace services in line with business needs. Drive implementation through the supply chain.
- Financial management. Responsibility to set, manage, control and successfully deliver the workplace budget. Demonstrating value for money is being delivered for all workplace services and activities
- Engage with Senior stakeholders to understand business needs and define the workplace strategy that contribute to positive workplace experience for all EY employees and Client visitors.
- To ensure that exceptional standards and employee / visitor experience are achieved across all services taking full accountability for all issues and service performance
- To take full ownership of the Integrated Workspace Services, delivering the Firms desired strategic outcomes through self delivery and working through others
- To provide motivation, leadership and positive direction for the Workplace, Front of House and Document Service Delivery teams
- To represent the business as Intelligent Client on IWS and third party contracted services and to contribute to the development of their strategy and policies in line with Vision 2020+
- To ensure compliance with statutory and corporate legislation, policy and other requirements for both directly managed and contracted services including; Health & Safety, Fire, Water, Technical Services, Document Services, Food Services, ISO 9001, 14001 and 27001
- To work co-operatively to promote and facilitate the achievement of the EY IWS strategic outcomes and agreed transformation roadmap
- To effectively monitor and measure the Technical Services delivery to ensure the planned and reactive maintenance processes, identify, mitigate and limit risks associated with our office estate and building non availability and BAU
- To develop and maintain exceptional relationships with all IWS stakeholders
- To enable IWS to identify and respond flexibly to changing trends in the market and in the working environment
- To ensure on-going development of National Front of House and Document Services Managers in line with Firms requirements including succession planning for all key positions
- To deliver on IWS Financials and monitor the service delivery and performance targets of contracted services
- Drive initiatives in the management team that contribute to long-term operational excellence
- To ensure the service delivery meets EY expectation levels through documented
- SLAs/KPIs and associated reporting processes
- To drive savings, efficiencies and ensure continuous improvement within the service delivery model and directly employed structures
- To promote quality client communications and provide proactive feedback to client in areas under their responsibility
- Be the primary duty holder responsible for the planning, testing, updating, implementation and recovery phase of the IWS Business Continuity Plan; this includes liaising with all relevant IWS contractors and sub contractors involved in the provision of the services to EY across the firm’s UK estate.
- Be available as required at any time in the event of the BCP being invoked and to deal with the incidents / events leading up to this point.
- Support the Firms Environmental strategy including the IWS services, management of utilities, elimination/reduction/recycling initiatives and reporting.
- Workplace strategy – support a holistic workplace strategy via connecting building, people, policy and technology in line with business needs. Drive implementation through the supply chain.
Skills and attributes for success
- Extensive experience of Workplace management or similar business with aligned objectives
- Commercial and financial awareness in a service delivery environment including setting, monitoring and reporting on key performance indicators
- Exceptional customer service focus with a driven background
- Degree level of education and interest in development for all
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships
- A high-level focus on the achievement of targeted results
- A high level of flexibility and a positive attitude to innovation and change
- A personal image of integrity, respect and professionalism
- A high level of understanding of all aspects of managing a people-based service business
To qualify for the role you must have
- Experience of Workplace management or similar
- Commercial and financial awareness
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Degree level of education and interest in development for all
What we look for
- A persistent and tenacious attitude, demonstrating the ability to solve problems creatively, with energy, enthusiasm and courage
What working at EY offers
We offer a competitive remuneration package where you’ll be rewarded for your individual and team performance. Our comprehensive Total Rewards package includes support for flexible working and career development, and with FlexEY you can select benefits that suit your needs, covering holidays, health and well-being, insurance, savings and a wide range of discounts, offers and promotions.
Plus, we offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.