Technical Services Manager
Technical Services Manager
Are you looking for the opportunity to work for an outstanding Construction, Property and FM company?
An award-winning organisation, our client has grown its annual turnover to exceed £200M and developed a Facilities Management arm which generates over £13M per annum in revenue. The business currently has an extensive portfolio of public and private sector facilities; covering healthcare, extra care, educational and commercial facilities, Local Improvement Finance Trust (LIFT) partners, Private Finance Initiative (PFI) Partners, local Authority and 3PD Schemes.
The business is 100% owned by a Charitable Trust that last year alone, invested over £2.2M into local social enterprise projects. The activities of the Group have enabled over 1,500 children and young adults in the North West region to achieve vocational qualifications - together with 65,000 children from disadvantaged backgrounds to experience, through the support of the Trust, new life skills, confidence building exercises and teamwork focused challenges.
This unique organisation is committed to a sustainable model of prudent growth and long-term stability, freed from the short-term aims of institutional shareholders. It is committed to ensuring that its profits are either used to support future growth or returned to the community via the activities of the Charitable Trust.
We are currently recruiting a Technical Services Manager to successfully develop and manage the delivery of M&E engineering services, minor works, and small projects within a designated area. You will oversee the planned and reactive engineering maintenance service to designation properties ensuring statutory compliance is maintained at all times.
Additionally, you will be involved in numerous tasks including but not limited to:
- Ensure all engineering systems are statutory compliant
- Ensure all KPI’s relating to engineering services are achieved including PPM and reactive works
- Collaborative working with building occupiers on work activity and regular meetings with customers and their representatives
- Management of specialist sub contractors ensuring delivery of services to meet contractual KPIs
- Identify single points of failure, assess risks of impact on delivering contract outputs and introduce managements systems and “Response Plans” to manage risk.
- Ensure RAMS, COSHH and Safe Systems of Work are in place, reviewed and kept up to date with “ lessons learnt” improvements
- Identifying root cause analysis of faults and failures ensuring feedback and learning across the contract (and the business)
- Manage , motivate and develop staff that regularly support your contract
- Work collaboratively with the Service Desk to ensure accurate reporting and recording of work activity to ensure information is available to report on KPI’s.
- Develop and maintain a critical spares strategy and stock control system.
- Perform health and safety and compliance audits.
- Project manage various schemes including minor works, variations, life cycle work and small projects.
- Provide advice and guidance on lift cycle replacement requirements
- Manage expenditure to budget and ensure chargeable works are identified and processed through the Invoicing process
- Input to annual budget planning and monthly financial and contract performance reviews
- The ideal candidate will have worked in a similar role in the FM arena; in particular, you will have experience in managing engineering maintenance (M&E) contracts.
- It would be advantageous if you hold a CIBSE / BIFM or similar qualification.
- You will have excellent people management skills and have the ability to motivate and influence with ease.
- It goes without saying that you will have commercial acumen and have had exposure to financial and budgetary responsibility.
For more information about this unique and exciting opportunity, please contact Paul McQuade on 0113 2428055 or apply on line and we’ll contact you for a further discussion about the role.
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Manager / Supervisor Public Sector jobs in Preston
- Contracts, projects, bids Manager / Supervisor Public Sector jobs in Preston
- Engineering, maintenance Manager / Supervisor Public Sector jobs in Preston
- Estates, property Manager / Supervisor Public Sector jobs in Preston