OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.
To help us continue this success, we are seeking an experienced Facilities Manager in London to work within our Business & Industry sector, supporting one of our prestigious office-based clients. It will be your role to ensure the profitable, efficient and safe operation of the cleaning, catering, helpdesk and postal service based contracts at WSP Global.
As the Facilities Manager, you will also be required from time to time to investigate instances relating to Hard Service faults within the building (Fixed Wires, Emergency Lighting, Air Conditioning etc.), so a knowledge of how to oversee and escalate these situations, allowing you to initiate contact with our engineers will be expected.
This position will be providing a quality service delivery to all stakeholders in accordance with OCS company procedures, ensuring effective and adequate financial, budgeting and analysis of direct cost and overheads. You will aim to build a strong relationship with the client and your staff, looking to retain existing business along with also achieving growth targets for new work & managing the staff across two sites, making sure adequate cover is established during periods of holidays and absence.
This is an exciting role, with a lot of responsibility, but also a lot of reward, working with an experienced team and a professional client.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the delivery of all soft services in your area to provide consistently high levels of performance that meet contractual obligations and strategic objectives of the client
- Complying with the Client, Company, and Legal requirements such as Health & Safety, ensuring the display of notices, first aid and accident reporting, achieving compliance with ISO standards
- Controlling budgets for all staff, products and materials
- Overseeing the compliance and escalating Hard Service issues to the Hard Services team
- Ensuring the contract operates within all current legislation and client policies and that where appropriate, staff are made aware of their responsibilities in this regard
- Maintaining staff records and training within legislation and company policy using both in-house and external training schemes
- Holding regular team briefings that cover all relevant topics as outlined on the company core briefing sheet
- Ensuring the specified and correct standards of services are established and maintained and that any deficiency is reported and remedied promptly
- Good standard of education
- IT literate - proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Facilities Management based qualification such as IOSH/BIFM
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Strong management experience of multi-soft service disciplines (cleaning, catering etc.) - essential
- Knowledge of overseeing the compliance of Hard Services and the ability to escalate using a Building Management System (BMS)
- Experience of managing soft services contracts within the Business & Industry sector would be beneficial (office-based clients)
- Previous budget accountability including the management of a team in excess of 30 employees (3 direct reports)
- Innovative, able to bring new ideas to the table and not afraid to challenge traditional methods
- Able to present yourself professionally and maintain client liaison throughout the site and work closely with the WSP team & site landlord
- Highly organised individual with the ability to prioritise workload and delegate efficiently to direct reports
- Ability to mentor and develop subordinates, counselling and coaching where necessary
- High degree of interest in your own personal development and future career progression