Maxwell Stephens is currently recruiting for a Building Manager for a globally recognised managing agent. To co-ordinate the operational day to day aspects of building management complying with risk management practices and requirements including the supervision of supply partners organising scheduled maintenance.
- Your main goal is establishing and developing excellent relationships, underpinned by regular meetings, with tenants. Whenever a tenant wants something done, it’s your job to make sure the work is carried out with optimum performance. You’re the person they go to for anything property-related, including projects, fit-out requirements, service charge queries, arrears, and more.
- You’ll liaise with all tenants, with discretion, good humour, and a can-do attitude. You’ll keep them up to date with all necessary testing and closing of plant, fire systems, and more. You’ll manage and auction requests from tenants using a variety of systems.
- Great relationships with the tenants ensure the best commercial performance outcomes for our client. You’ll prepare RICS-compliant annual service charges, keeping an eye on budgets and quarterly/annual financial performance.
- All charges relating to building work (ad-hoc and planned) and energy/fuel costs will be analysed regularly to look for savings. You’ll record everything as the management information you provide will have a direct effect on commercial performance, compliance, procedures, policies and audits.
- You’ll make sure that, when a staff member, a contractor or a crew is on site or doing any work related to the building, that you monitor H&S compliance.
- You’ll keep up to date as well as attend quarterly H&S meetings.
- With a building and a development this large, there’s lots to do about operations and procedures. You’re in charge of them all and you make sure that your teams achieve on time, in budget and in compliance with lease obligations, operational standards and quality assurance requirements the work you give them to do.
- You’ll monitor performance against monthly KPIs and have overall responsibility for all operational back of house areas.
- IWFM Level 4 (certificate)
- H&S IOSH
- Member of a professional body such as IWFM
- Solution-focused, ability to logically establish the root cause to problems.
- Self-motivated and passionate with a genuine desire to help others.
- The ability to balance customer and business priorities.
- Excellent verbal and nonverbal communication skills, able to intuitively adapt communication approach.
- High self-awareness, able to regulate emotions especially during demanding situations.
- Ability to think quickly and make decisions when problems arise.
- Be able to set and maintain high standards with an eye for detail.
If you would like to apply for this position, please contact Maxwell Stephens without delay.
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Building development Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Estates, property Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Health & safety Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Operations Manager / Supervisor Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)