Regional Facilities Manager
Our client an innovative, forward thinking, privately owned property company are now looking for a Regional Facilities Manager. Reporting to Senior Management, the purpose of the role is to achieve and maintain the very highest standards of Facilities Management and Customer Care at properties within the cluster.
The role will require regular liaison with specialist contractors to ensure all work is carried out in line with best practice, to the expected standard, to reduce risk of failure, minimise downtime, disruption and operational risk. This role also involves ensuring that appropriate controls and procedures are followed to ensure the health & safety of any person affected by the undertaking of these works.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Be the first point of contact for Centre Managers in terms of dealing and resolving all building, building services and other FM related issues.
- To consistently deliver high levels of customer service to Centre Managers ensuring all Hard and Soft Service Facilities and Maintenance issues, requests, complaints and questions via telephone, e-mail or in person are acknowledged and acted upon within appropriate timelines and are escalated where required.
- Develop and foster constructive and cooperative relationships with Centre Managers through regular and clear communication.
- To ensure consistent service is aligned to Customer needs and the terms of their lease.
- Supporting the Centre Manager in delivery of any necessary unit preparation works required.
- Liaising with Centre Managers and Building and Development team regarding Licence to Alter works.
- To maintain the properties to a high standard ensuring they are clean, safe, secure and compliant and attractive to our Customers.
- Ensure that all planned and reactive maintained is undertaken in line with agreed specification, frequency, timeline and statutory requirement.
- Undertaking regular premises and works inspections identifying areas of concern / snagging items. Items to be recorded on Elogbooks software and arrangements made for works.
- Build relationships with Service Providers to ensure that their delivery is in line with expected levels of service, cost and timeliness. Management in line with their SLAs to ensure levels of delivery are as required.
- Coordination and delivery of minor decoration and fit out projects including unit preparation as well as liaison with Building and Development team regarding larger schemes.
- Review of work related risk assessment and method statements, ensuring they meet the business need. Prior to works commencing, carrying out site inductions with Service Providers in relation to RAMS and undertake suitable levels of supervision and monitoring of work.
- Identify areas for improvement and discuss with Centre Manager and Head of Facilities, implement any changes that are approved.
- Coordination of all fire related regulations and audits are undertaken (weekly fire tests, drills, maintenance visits).
- Management of sustainability objectives (waste, water & energy) and achieve cost efficiencies
- Directing, planning and on-going management of essential central services such security, maintenance, cleaning, waste disposal and recycling.
- Supervising grounds and general maintenance, including the line management of in-house Caretakers for planned and routine tasks.
- Risk management including Statutory compliance recording, risk assessments and ensuring that sites comply with all statutory requirements; all matters of concern should be escalated to the Group Risk Manager
- Management of Elogbooks CAFM system to ensure site records are current.
- Ensure all site documents are maintained including Operation and Maintenance manuals, Health & Safety files, asset registers, PPM calendars, logbooks, firebox, drawings / schematics and certification.
- Maintaining audit trail for all planned and reactive tasks.
- Providing regular updates to Centre Manager and Head of Facilities including provision of relevant management reports reporting on SLA performance etc.
- Manage and maintain monthly utility meter readings.
- Provide full support for the Centre Manager and work together to ensure high standards of appearance and maintenance throughout the sites.
- Managing planned and reactive tasks for the in-house FM Technicians, ensuring high levels of service and team work.
- Setting of objectives and performance management of the in-house FM Technicians and arrange training as identified/required.
- Deputise in the absence of the Centre Manager.
- Manage expenditure and procurement for all facilities and building management related costs across the sites.
- Ensure that the site is managed within budget, raise necessary purchase orders, approve invoices and follow the correct procedures within agreed authorisation levels and liaison with the Centre Manager.
- Management of purchase orders and approval of FM related invoices in timely manner, ensuring payment within our Terms and Conditions.
- Identify and achieve cost savings where possible
- Provide information for the operating budget and budgetary systems for all FM related costs at sites.
Limits of Authority:
- All actions outside the general agreed day to day management procedures should be authorised by the Head of Facilities.
- Actions should be carried out in accordance with procedures.
- Single items of expenditure limited to £5000.00
- Minimum of 5 years relevant FM experience in commercial buildings.
- Experience in managing staff and contractors, working with planned maintenance programmes and knowledge of relevant compliance and legislation.
- A high amount of experience gained on a broad range of building engineering systems, understanding how they operate and the different types of maintenance required. A Mechanical / Engineering qualification, HND or relevant degree is preferable.
- Hold minimum of IOSH Managing Safely Certificate, ideally NEBOSH General Certificate.
- BIFM qualification preferred.
- Experience in people-management.
- Sound I.T knowledge and ability to use a wide range of software packages.
- Good Organisational skills; self-motivated and have the ability to work unsupervised within company procedures and with guidance from the Head of Facilities.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to work in a customer-facing role.
- Flexible approach to the tasks required and the hours of duty. It may be necessary to be contacted out of hours in the event of emergencies
- Numerate with good written and spoken English.
Maxwell Stephens have been invited by the client to handle the application process for this role. We urge all suitable and interested candidates to apply to us without delay.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply.
Apply for Regional Facilities Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Building development Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Estates, property Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Health & safety Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Operations Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration