As the Operations Manager, you will be managing our cleaning and security teams and service to ensure we deliver a profitable, efficient and safe operation to our clients across the North West (mainly in Manchester).
This will involve ensuring a quality service is delivered, along with effective and adequate financial forecasting, budgeting and analysis of direct cost and overhead. You will be responsible for debt management, disputes, resolution and accurate and comprehensive invoicing ensuring timely cash collection in accordance with agreed targets.
You will effectively manage all employees within your portfolio and take ultimate control in regards to recruitment, work scheduling, training, pay and conditions. Ensuring adequate cover is established for all sites during periods of holidays and absence.
You will also use your ability to retain existing business and support the sales team in achieving relevant growth targets for new work.
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the delivery of all services in your specific area to provide consistently high levels of performance that meet contractual obligations to customers and the strategic objectives of the division
- Having full P & L accountability for your area of operation and ensuring that it is managed within budget, ensuring that maximum revenue and gross margin are achieved
- Developing plans for the profitable growth of your area, defining key goals and time lines for the development of the area
- Communicating clearly and positively with staff at all levels in your area to create a focus on business goals and build an environment where all staff are valued for their contribution
- Building a network of close partnerships with customers in the area, developing strong account management and encouraging multi-level relationships between all services, teams and customer teams
- Liaising with other Facilities Managers to ensure high levels of staff motivation and productivity, increasing staff retention
- Supporting the sales function where required in preparing commercial tenders and in delivering sales presentations relevant to developing the business in the area
- Taking an active part with Senior Management in ensuring the retention of major contracts that come up for re-tender within the area
- Liaising with OCS internal and external statutory bodies to ensure compliance with OCS and industry regulations with particular emphasis on ISO quality systems and health & safety
- Participating in any relevant external bodies and all opportunities for networking that raise the profile of OCS
- Recruiting, developing and if necessary, managing the performance of all onsite operational management to deliver OCS and customer requirements within the area
- Motivating site managers, supervisors and staff throughout the area to deliver a high quality service to customers
- Ensuring accuracy of scheduling system and employee compliance with booking procedures
- BICS qualified or equivalent
- Hold IOSH Certification
- SIA Licence Holder
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Experience of managing multiple sites, within the Soft Service (Cleaning and Security) industry (turnover £3m+)
- Proven track record of senior operational management experience which has been gained ideally within the Facilities Services industry with full P&L accountability
- Evidence of "hands-on" operational experience and a track record of successful client relationship management
- Proven record of managing, motivating, developing and retaining a dispersed workforce through others
- Evidence of having grown your business area
- Must be self-motivated and results orientated with effective inter-personal skills and the ability to communicate at all levels
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workload and delegate effectively to direct reports
- Ability to mentor and develop subordinates, counselling and coaching as necessary.
- High degree of interest in your own personal development and future career progression
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.