Business Development Manager
Working within our Specialist Services division, we are seeking a Business Development Manager to help us win new Utilities/Industrial Painting service contracts.
As the Business Development Manager, you will be identifying and delivering new profitable medium to high value painting contracts via proactive selling, competitive tendering and maximising opportunities generated from enquiries and marketing activity. This will involve managing the tender right through the process including technical writing.
This role will be cultivating opportunities either from within your own self-developed database, industry tender portals or responses to real time requests for quotations. You will also have the chance to work alongside other team members on large opportunities as part of a project team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Representing the division at all meetings as required and to secure new business and build intercompany networks
- Maintaining and developing a wide network of contacts, building relationships to ensure that OCS is invited to as many bid opportunities as possible
- Ensuring a robust selection/Go/No Go process is applied to opportunities, considering capability, references, margin and competitiveness
- Making sure that all tender responses are innovative, accurate, compliant, timely and professionally presented
- Achieving the new business sales target with the desired margin
- Preparing and undertaking a thorough hand-over to operational colleagues once contracts are secured
- Keeping up to date with the current market conditions and competitor activity
- Developing and managing positive working relationships with the wider business development and operations teams to ensure that sales opportunities are being maximised and all leads are dealt with appropriately
- Managing an existing portfolio of key clients with the objective of maintaining and growing revenue and profit from these accounts
- Keeping up to date with all new industry innovations for inclusion in tender responses
- Proactively identifying and securing new opportunities from your own prospecting activity
- Maintaining Salesforce data to ensure we have accurate sales reporting and pipeline
- Educated to GCSE level standard or equivalent, IT literate (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Experience in a Utility (Gas and Electric) and/or Industrial Painting environment
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Sales experience in the Utilities or Industrial Painting sector, particularly winning medium to large size contracts and building strong relationships
- Understanding of routes to market
- Good overall understanding of the Utilities sector
- Demonstrable understanding of Industrial Painting specific work
- Ability to listen and understand client needs, to generate a viable solution
- Ability to interpret, manage and present information in a clear, concise and innovative manner
- Be commercially aware with total commitment to customer service and development
- Good communication, organisational and analytical skills
- Neat and professional presentation
- Flexible approach to working hours and location
- Ability to work to deadlines and project manage a bid process
- Ability to work alone and as a team
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.