Project Manager (Client Side) 2 Year FTC
This is an exceptional opportunity working for a globally recognised client. Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by our client to recruit for a Project Manager based across their huge estate. You will be responsible for the accurate forecasting and reporting on all projects, with enough information to feed into the Management Board.
The client is looking for someone who is willing to hit the ground running whilst maintaining professionalism. You will be expected to make day-to-day decisions without referral but will refer policy, strategic or non-routine issues to the head of the Department.
- Working in close liaison with the Project Sponsor and Assistant Project Manager, to oversee works and drive the performance of contractors and the in-house team to ensure that works are completed on time, within budget and to the required specification and quality standards
- To be responsible for the end-to-end project and programme management of a portfolio of projects, varying in scope and scale. This will include planning; preparation of specifications, schedules of work, sketch plans and simple working drawing; management of the tender process; appointment of contractors; supervision through to completion, settlement of final accounts and handover to the Operations team.
- To liaise closely with Property Section colleagues to ensure projects are appropriately co-ordinated with other works to minimise disruption, ensure best use of resources and ensure that work is carried out to the highest possible standards.
- To work with colleagues across the organisation, to ensure that projects take account of the continued operation of the Estates and that disruption is minimised; to utilise project programming software as a management tool.
- To maintain project management methodology including adherence to the Property Section Governance and Procurements Rules, document templates and filing systems.
Compliance and Risk Management:
- To ensure that all relevant statutory compliance and legislative requirements are met; that associated policies and procedures (internal and external) are known and adhered to; and that consultants and contractors are competent; to ensure that corrective measures are taken when necessary to address any issues of non-compliance
- To promote a culture of risk awareness and management and to regularly review compliance
Financial Contract and Systems Management:
- To ensure works are procured in the most cost-effective manner in order to achieve excellent value for money, in accordance with the Property Section's Procurement Rules
- To ensure all financial, tender and contract management procedures comply with Procurement Rules, and that financial authorisations fall within delegations
- To ensure good records management practices are adhered to (to include tender documents, archives and historic documents, photograph library and technical drawings)
- To ensure all IT systems and databases are utilised correctly and kept up to date including accurate records and retention schedules
- To pro-actively manage stakeholder relationships and communicate regularly to internal and external stakeholders (including the client and all those affected by the works) on the progress and impact of works so as to minimise disruption
- To liaise closely with customers to ensure the service provided meets their needs and expectations and that the highest levels of customer service are delivered
- Educated to degree level with substantial experience as a Project Manager or Surveyor (building or engineering), and ideally gained within an environment of occupied spaces.
- Professional certification or attainment of relevant further educational qualification
- First-rate project/programme management skills. Able to manage a varied portfolio of work, tight programmes, adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise work/resources
- Demonstrable experience in relation to statutory compliance and risk management
- Proven experience to deliver a portfolio of projects, with detailed programme management of works in an occupied and live environment.
- Adept at managing stakeholder relationships, with a diplomatic and collaborative approach, natural interpersonal skills and the ability to influence at all levels
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional and geographical boundaries, where flexibility and a ‘can do’ approach to teamwork is essential
- Proven Experience of budget management, cost control and contract management, ideally gained within a value for money environment
- Good people management and contractor relationship management skills
- A logical problem solver with good judgement and decision-making capability. Able to remain level-headed under pressure
- Genuinely passionate about and familiar with a customer-driven approach to the delivery of property services, with a rigorous approach to standards of internal customer service and continuous improvement
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office and CAD, and ideally experience of programme management software.
Maxwell Stephens are expecting a high-volume response for this role so apply early to avoid disappointment.
Apply for Project Manager (Client Side) 2 Year FTC
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Building development Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Engineering, maintenance Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Estates, property Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration
- Health & safety Manager / Supervisor jobs in Secretarial & Administration