Operations Surveyor (Client Side)
This is an exceptional opportunity working for a globally recognised client. Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by our client to recruit for an Operations/Building Surveyor based across their huge estate. Our client is looking for a passionate, customer-driven individual.
Reporting into the Head of Department, the Operations Surveyor is to be a key member of the team responsible for the operational activities of the Estate.
- To be responsible for the conservation, repair and maintenance of the building services in specified areas of the Estate as well as the provision, operation and supervision of day-to-day building maintenance work and projects from the annual works programme.
- This includes, but is not limited to, new work, services, public health engineering services, safety and fire precaution related works and refurbishment projects
- To ensure that the building services and structures that house them within specified areas of the Estate are regularly tested and inspected and that work is programmed, planned and scheduled accordingly
- To be responsible for the end-to-end management of a range of works, varying in scope and scale. This will include planning; preparation of specifications, schedules of work, sketch plans and simple working drawing; management of the tender process; appointment of contractors; supervision through to completion and settlement of final accounts
- To liaise closely with Property Section colleagues to ensure projects are appropriately co-ordinated with other works to minimise disruption, ensure best use of resources and ensure that work is carried out to the highest possible standards
- As required, to assist with the preparations for internal events
- Working in close liaison with the Operations Supervisor, to oversee works and drive the performance of contractors and the in-house team to ensure that works are completed on time, within budget and to the required specification and quality standards
Compliance and Risk Management
- To ensure compliance with statutory duties and legislative requirements and that associated policies and procedures (internal and external) are known and adhered to; to carry out the role of ‘nominated person’ for particular systems; to check and monitor competence of staff, consultants and contractors that are assigned to work on the systems; to report regularly regarding statutory compliance to the ‘responsible person’ and the ‘duty holder’; to ensure that corrective measures are taken when necessary to address any issues of non-compliance
- To promote a culture of risk awareness and management and to regularly review compliance
Financial, Contract and Systems Management
- To ensure all financial, tender and contract management processes comply with internal procedures, and that financial authorisations fall within delegations
- In conjunction with the Operations Supervisor, monitor the performance of contractors to ensure works are completed within budget, on time, to the required standard and provide best value
- To ensure works are procured in the most cost-effective manner in order to achieve excellent value for money
- To ensure all management systems and records are accurately completed and maintained according to retention schedules
- To pro-actively manage stakeholder relationships and communicate regularly to internal stakeholders (including the client and all those affected by the works) on the progress and impact of works to minimise disruption
- To liaise closely with customers to ensure the service provided meets their needs and expectations and that the highest levels of customer service are delivered
- Educated to degree level with substantial experience as a Surveyor ideally gained within an environment of occupied spaces.
- Experience of managing and maintaining historic / listed buildings would be a definite advantage.
- Demonstrable experience in relation to statutory compliance and risk management
- Adept at managing stakeholder relationships, with a diplomatic and collaborative approach, natural interpersonal skills and influence at all levels
- Experience of control and contract management, ideally gained within a value for money environment
- Good project management skills. Able to manage a varied portfolio of work, adapt to changing circumstances and prioritise work/resources
- Have good people management and contractor relationship management skills
- A logical problem solver with good judgement and decision-making capability. Able to remain level-headed under pressure
- The ability to work collaboratively with colleagues across functional and geographical boundaries, where flexibility and a ‘can do’ approach to teamwork is essential
- Genuinely passionate about and familiar with a customer-driven approach to the delivery of property services, with a rigorous approach to standards of internal customer service and continuous improvement
- IT literate with a good working knowledge of MS Office and CAD.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
Apply for Operations Surveyor (Client Side)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly