Mechanical and Electrical Engineer
Maxwell Stephens have been assigned by an iconic London venue to recruit a Mechanical and Electrical Engineer to join their team. Working as part of the Facilities team, the Mechanical and Electrical Engineer will install and maintain mechanical and electrical systems across the site.
The closing date for this position is Wednesday 26th June and interviews are looking to take place on Monday 8th July.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Monitor and repair site wide mechanical and electrical systems proactively supporting the delivery of the pre-planned maintenance (PPM) programme, and reacting to issues as and when they arise. Systems include:
- HV / LV networks
- Single and 3 phase power
- Pumps / motors
- Distribution boards and electrical systems
- Air handling units
- Water treatments including chilled water
- Generator sets
Devise and install appropriate and cost effective solutions / modifications to help improve safety and reliability across site. Tasks may include:
- Measuring up
- Sourcing materials
- Fitting materials
- Repairing existing systems
- Proposing improvements and modification
Assist the Head of Technical and Production, Theatre Manager and Event Managers during live events by resolving any urgent mechanical / engineering challenges that arise in a timely manner supporting business continuity.
Liaise with contractors coming on site supporting their induction and ensuring tasks are completed on time and in a safe manner.
Deputise for the Site Facilities Engineering Supervisor as and when required upholding an effective service to all stakeholders. Tasks may include:
- Issue work schedules using the Facilities helpdesk system
- Monitor the ‘Notify’ system (H&S reporting)
- Supervise agency and temporary staff on site
- Oversee day to day operations within the Facilities team
- The ideal candidate will hold a HND or foundation degree in engineering, be a member of a professional body i.e. IET, IEEE or IMechE, with a City and Guilds level 3 or equivalent in the Requirement of Electrical Installations.
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role working in a listed building is essential along with experience working with contractors on site across multiple areas.
- An understanding of building schematics, knowledge of single and 3 phase systems and an appreciation of health and safety principles are also key.
- Experience working in a Theatre would be beneficial
- Experience of monitoring / supervising mechanical and electrical systems during large live events i.e. television broadcasts, festivals, exhibitions etc.
Please call 0207 118 48 48 or email email@example.com to apply.
Apply for Mechanical and Electrical Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly