We are recruiting on behalf of a large Facilities Management Provider for a SHEQ Manager to work on a facilities management contract in Thetford.
- SHEQ Manager
- Full time, Permanent role
- £40-50k plus car/car allowance plus bonus
As the SHEQ Manager you will proactively assist and support the operational management teams ensuring they operate to the highest standards of safety, health, environmental and quality through being accountable for the delivery of the SHEQ strategy.
- Ensuring that current advisory services are maintained and are available at all times on matters affecting the health, safety, environmental and quality of all personnel at their place of work.
- Advising management on all SHEQ, occupational health and welfare matters, and keep them appraised on the success or otherwise of their measures; and advising management of possible alternative arrangements.
- Ensuring project teams follow the requirements and procedures for delivering construction projects safely and therefore meeting the requirements of the Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015 and related procedures.
- Inspecting and auditing contracts, focusing on provision of construction safety, safe systems of work, safe places of work and attitudes towards SHEQ. Issue formal reports, recommending corrective action.
- Actively promote improvements in attitudes towards SHEQ ensuring the provision of a SHEQ induction service for personnel at all levels, in accident prevention techniques and hazard awareness.
- Ensuring that personnel are regularly and properly informed by maintaining a co-ordinated system of SHEQ communication.
- Ensuring that all contracts a suitable training matrix in place and that an adequate level of SHEQ training is delivered and achieved
- Ensuring that personnel at all levels are properly up-dated on new and revised personal SHEQ legislation.
- Carrying out full investigations into all accidents/incidents, fires and dangerous occurrences, and issuing reports detailing causes and recommended action. Ensure that the Audit & Incident Management System (AIMS) is updated on a regular basis and that actions are closed on a timely basis.
- Liaising with management and the Enforcing Authorities, as required on the notification of accidents, incidents and dangerous occurrences, and the reporting/recording of these incidents.
- Assisting when required in the preparation of risk assessments and method statements in conjunction with management and sub-contractors etc.
- Attend contract management and quarterly SHEQ meetings.
- Fostering good relations by co-operation with representatives of the Health & Safety Executive, Environmental
• NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent and CMIOSH. Minimum Grad IOSH.
• NEBOSH Certificate in Construction Health and Safety
• BOHS P405 Management of Asbestos in Buildings
• Qualification in Environmental Management (IEMA)
• Knowledge of Quality Management Systems
• Safety Coach/Trainer qualification - desirable
• Full driving licence required
• Ample health and safety experience.
• FM, healthcare or local authority experience.
• Experience in both the pre-construction (design) and construction phases of projects.
Apply for SHEQ Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly