Business Development Manager - Security Systems
Working within our Security Systems division, we are seeking a Business Development Manager to help us win new Electronic Security contracts.
As the Business Development Manager, you will be identifying and delivering new profitable high value contracts to the division via proactive selling, competitive tendering and maximising opportunities generated from enquiries and marketing activity.
You will be cultivating opportunities either from within your own self-developed database, tender portals or reacting to real time requests for quotations. You will also have the chance to work alongside other team members on large opportunities as part of a project team.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining and developing a wide network of contacts & building relationships within the Security Systems industry to ensure that OCS is invited to as many bid opportunities as possible
- Representing the division at all meetings and to secure new business and build intercompany networks
- Ensuring a robust selection process is applied to all opportunities, considering capability, references, margin and competitiveness
- Working alongside the marketing lead to develop a strategy, marketing material and collateral to support a focused sales approach
- Assisting with the collection, collation and recording of all statistical data for tender compilation, such as productivity ratings, margins and costs through Salesforce
- Preparing and delivering all other aspects of the strategic sales process including awareness campaigns, presentations, exhibitions and general market collateral
- Making sure that all tender responses are innovative, accurate, compliant, timely and professionally presented
- Achieving the new business sales target with the desired margin
- Preparing and undertaking a thorough hand-over to operational colleagues once contracts are secured
- Keeping up to date with the current market conditions and competitor activity
- Developing and managing positive working relationships with the wider business development and operations teams to ensure that sales opportunities are being maximised and all leads are dealt with appropriately
- Managing an existing portfolio of key clients with the objective of maintaining and growing revenue and profit from these accounts
- Keeping up to date with all new industry innovations for inclusion in tender responses
- Proactively identifying and securing new opportunities from your own prospecting activity
- Maintaining Salesforce data to ensure accurate sales reporting and pipeline
- Educated to GCSE level standard or equivalent
- Strong IT literacy
- Professional memberships of Security Guild or Security Consultants - desirable
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Strong experience in Business Development or Sales within Security Systems/Electronic Security Industry (CCTV, Intruder Alarms, Access Control, Fire Alarms etc.) - Essential
- The ability to hit National level targets (£1m+ per annum)
- Proven experience of strategic selling and the selling process, including Account/Win/Bid-planning - a 'Hunter'
- Ability to listen, understand and generate a solution to client needs
- Positive mental attitude
- Must have the ability to interpret, manage and present information in an innovative manner
- Be commercially aware with total commitment to customer service and development
- Good communication, organisational and analytical skills
- Neat and professional presentation
- Flexible approach to working hours and location
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work alone and as a team
The OCS Group is one of the UK's leading providers of facilities management and property support services, employing over 25,000 people in the UK. We have been at the forefront of developing integrated Facilities Management, becoming a seamless extension of our clients' businesses by delivering best in class services. How have we achieved such success? It is through our dedicated teams of industry experts who work in partnership with our clients to deliver innovative FM solutions.