Facilities & Operations Manager
• Monitoring building condition and systems from a compliance standpoint
• Controlling contractor activity during appointed woks and ensure that all documentation is in place both pre and post works.
• Regular communication with clients and contractors in addition to managing general upkeep and maintenance
• Ensuring supervision of maintenance of sites to statutory and corporate standards
• Maximising income and achievement of financial targets by marketing of site and confirmed lets, management of budgets and expenditure
• Assisting with the day to day management of the sites and ensuring staff are developed, supported and working to health and safety guidelines
• Covering annual leave in building managers absence
• Management of small HMO houses & small residential block in close proximity of Head Office.
• Identifying issues and coordinating the delivery of necessary maintenance works in each building
• tendering contractors for specialist M&E works, managing them in accordance with laid out KPI's/SLA's
• calculating and comparing costs for required goods or services to achieve maximum value
• checking that agreed work by staff or contractors has been completed satisfactorily and following up on any deficiencies
• assist in completing check lists and carrying out property inspections
• negotiating the best deals with contractors and suppliers • demonstrating M&E knowledge of boiler rooms • advising on energy efficiency • managing and leading change to ensure minimum disruption to core activities
• communicating effectively with customers to ensure they are fully informed of current and future developments
• In charge of managing the workload and priorities of Maintenance Team (though PO on major repairs & their technical workload will be done in liason with Projects Team)
• Induction, training and development of staff in the correct use of machines, materials and substance necessary to achieve the maximum result to the standard required
• Involvement with the issue and control of equipment and stores including the safe working condition of equipment. Ensuring the Maintenance staff maintains accurate stock control records or inventories including other costings as appropriate.
• Make recommendations to the Head of Operations for refurbishment, replacement or alteration schemes within a residence and be involved in the coordination of any resulting schemes
• Ensure the upkeep of the fabric of the building, equipment, furniture and fitting by reporting defects and taking corrective action, so that a well maintained safe and secure living and working environment exists.
• Ensuring compliance with statutory regulations at all sites (including HMO laws where applicable) and regularly reviewing H&S standards to ensure compliance
• Responding to customer enquiries in a prompt and courteous manner
• Communicating effectively with customers to ensure they are fully informed of current and future developments
• Investigate complaints, persistent or serious breaches of the tenancy agreement, behavioural matters and damage and take action or make recommendations to the Head of Operations for informal disciplinary or penalty procedures as appropriate
• Ensure accurate records are kept of investigations and subsequent action taken
• Report incidences in the approved form to Head of Operations
• Any other duties as reasonably requested by the Head of Operations, CEO or other Directors
• Maintaining excellent working relationships with Universities/ Colleges/ Councils within the catchment area
• Assisting Operational colleagues with management of rents (reviews, collection and budgeting) in the portfolio
• effectively assisting in managing the workload and priorities of personnel employed on the site – to include Building Managers, Building Assistant Managers, Housekeeping Assistants, Security staff/Contractors, Drivers, Student Wardens etc
Some knowledge of building systems would be a distinct advantage and candidates would benefit from a qualification in either a property management linked qualification or a technical qualification in building systems or construction.
• A solid understanding of property operations, estate management and maintenance process
• Experience of sourcing, vetting and appointing minor works contractors/ Suppliers
• Exposure to working with Solicitors and professional teams and taking a lead role in driving tasks forward
• A working knowledge of current Housing Act, HSE rules and other relevant legislation is important
• Strong numeracy skills and the ability to take cashflow responsibilities
• Good IT skills and familiarity with current cost management/project management software
Apply for Facilities & Operations Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly