Senior Construction Project Manager - Fit Out
HMRC is the UK's tax, payments and customs authority and we have a vital purpose: we collect the money that pays for the UK’s public services and help families and individuals with targeted financial support.
Our Estates Services Directorate is the largest landlord in Government. Looking after 170 operational HMRC offices plus ancillary properties. Our purpose is to ensure a safe, secure and efficient working environment for our people which represents good value for money to the taxpayer. We are at the forefront of delivering the largest estates transformation programme across government – Building Our Future Locations – which is responsible for delivering Phase One of the Government Hubs Programme, including the 13 regional centres, transitional sites and specialist sites, which are due to be completed in the early 2020’s.
About the Role
The Senior Construction Project Manager supports the Construction and Fit Out Team within Estates Transformation. You will support the Deputy Director Construction & Fit Out in providing technical construction expertise through internal specialist and external service providers. To procure and contract manage external suppliers, Cat B Fit Out contractors and professional service providers.
As a senior member of the team will be accountable to the Locations Programme Board, Estates Transformation Board, and the Hubs Workstream Board. You will also have line management of a team of 6 Construction Assurance Managers.
The key areas of responsibility are recognised as but are not limited to:
• To lead the development of the Government Hubs Fit Out Framework contractors best practice initiatives.
• Contributing to the development of standard project documentation and specifications by the external PM/CM teams alongside fellow HMRC Construction team members.
• Delivering assurance of Cat A works through regular monitoring and reporting against developers contractual obligations and deliver Contract Administration of Cat B Fit Outs for HMRC
• Ensuring project contract documentation is completed by the external PM/CM to HMRC requirements, including but not exclusively, RFP’s Employers Requirements, PCSAs, Fit Out Contracts, Terms of Appointment, Warranties, etc.
• Agreeing scope of service and allocation of external resources to projects and assurance of payments to contractors or consultants
• Commercial contract management of external professional services including call offs, performance management, KPIs and payments.
• Deliver the HMRC BIM Implementation plan
• Deliver an ‘Achieving Excellence’ strategy for Health, Safety and Wellbeing on HMRC's construction sites
• Identify, own and lead construction risks across the construction team portfolio
• Integrate into construction delivery across the programme, the hard and soft FM contracts, rigorous handovers, soft landings process and HMRC's Smart Buildings initiatives
• Provide reports and information to satisfy HMRC governance structures and requirements of the Programme Management Office
Interested? Potential candidates are asked to carefully read the candidate pack which will give you an overview of who HMRC Estates are, and will cover information on Salary and Benefits, Sift Assessment, and Interview structure and how to prepare.
Experience in delivering £20m+ construction projects and programmes through the end to end project lifecycle either as a client user, employers agent or directly for a developer.
• Evidence of achieving excellent team results through the coaching, mentoring, personal development and leadership of the team
• Thorough knowledge and application of various Building Contracts and typical development agreements
• Solid track record of success at a senior level leading project management teams and the delivery of large commercial office buildings including contract management.
• Experience in delivering £20m+ construction projects and programmes through the end to end project lifecycle either as a client user, employers agent or directly for a developer.
• Customer focused, forming and developing effective relationships with senior/high influence partners and operating in a complex organisational environment.
• Highly commercial with experience of lean thinking and developing strategies to improve and deliver benefits across multiple schemes, with a hardworking focus on value and simplicity.
• Developing and delivering change in the public sector ideally central government.
• In depth knowledge and application of appropriate project management methodology, techniques and processes
• Delivery of projects utilising Government or BSRIA Soft Landings process
• Experience of working on projects using BIM level 2 or above.
Degree qualified or equivalent in a construction related discipline OR Full member of either RICS/CIOB or working towards.