Senior Shift Technician
This is an exciting opportunity to work with a global leader in the alternative asset management sector.
With one of the largest portfolios in the world, our client has a particular focus on real estate, renewable power and infrastructure assets. Employing over 70,000 people worldwide, this world-leading client has now asked Maxwell Stephens to provide its expertise in finding an ambitious and experienced Senior Shift Technician for their properties.
The Senior Shift Technician is part of a team working a shift system providing our properties with a 24/7 engineering presence. They are an integral part of the management and supervisory team ensuring that the engineering services are delivered to the highest possible standard and providing effective management of their subordinates
- To be responsible for carrying out Planned Preventative Maintenance in accordance with SFG20/CIBSE/BSRIA guidelines utilising the Concept system and additionally reactive maintenance / projects / minor works / emergency responses relating to the operation of the building’s Electrical and Mechanical Building Services.
- Deputise for the General Manager and Engineering Services Manager, as required, taking a lead role in incident management response in the absence of senior management.
- To produce and control Permit(s) to Work relevant to activity being undertaken on their shift and to ensure that any Contractors receive the relevant necessary induction.
- Assist in the management and coordination of contractors, work with and escort contractors during maintenance visits, ensuring that working guidelines are followed at all times.
- Carryout out minor electrical and mechanical installations as and when requested.
- Ensure plant rooms are tidy and presentable, reporting any issues for rectification.
- Monitor all machinery and plant room maintenance to the agreed schedules.
- Ensure that any materials required to carry out tasks are ordered.
- Supervise, develop and mentor Shift Technician(s) ensuring quality of maintenance.
- Identify, manage and report any risks, accidents or near misses in a timely manner.
- Act as an Appointed Person within a specified field where required or directed by the Engineering Services Manager.
- To respond quickly and effectively to any building alarms received from the helpdesk or BMS, and to escalate alarms where necessary, recording all reactive tasks in the shift log.
- To undertake or complete reactive tasks which arise outside of normal hours when on shift and assist during office hours where peaks in demand for reactive works are identified.
- Complete water treatment tasks in the absence of, or to provide assistance to, those who hold daily responsibility as directed by the Engineering Services Manager and/or General Manager.
- Uphold the integrity of the company at all times and ensure provisions of high levels of customer service are provided.
- Assist in developing managing and coordinating the process of continually reviewing and improving both directly delivered and contracted services.
- Ensure the timely return of all PPMs before month end, following up on all recommendations identified and added onto the PPM schedule.
- Regularly review stock levels of consumables, PPE tools and critical spaces and prepare orders to replenish where necessary.
Health & Safety
- To take reasonable care for the health and safety of yourself and of other persons who may be affected by your acts or omissions at works.
- To co-operate with the company so far as is necessary to enable the company to comply fully and at all times with its legal duties regarding health, safety and welfare matters.
- Never to interfere with or misuse anything provided in the interest of health, safety and welfare.
- To familiarise yourself with the company’s Health and Safety Policy and to comply fully at all times with the company’s health, safety, welfare and fire arrangements.
- To report immediately all accidents involving injuries and illness verbally to your immediate superior and a First Aider and make or have made on your behalf, an entry in the company’s Accident Book.
- Never to use any machinery, work equipment, dangerous substance, transport equipment, system of work or safety device unless you have been authorised to do so and then only in accordance with any training received by you and any instructions provided to you.
- Never to perform work you are not qualified to do or have not been properly trained for.
- To inform the company immediately of any work situation which you reasonable consider represents a serious and immediate danger to health and safety or represents a shortcoming in the company’s arrangements health and safety.
- To report to the company any medical condition you have and any mediation or substance you are taking which could affect the safety of yourself or others.
- To seek medical treatment for all injuries you sustain (no matter how slight they appear).
- If required, to co- operate fully and promptly with any accident investigation carried out by the company.
- Level 4 technical qualification with documentary evidence of vocational training (i.e. Apprenticeship or NVQ 3).
- Evidence of a IOSH Managing Safely Qualification (within the last five years).
- A JIB/ECS/CSCS/CITB card or other Government Safety Passport scheme card holder within the last five years.
- Not less than 5 years post qualification vocational experience.
- Previous experience of carrying out planned preventive maintenance work in accordance with HVAC SFG20/CIBSE guidelines.
- The capability and attitude to act as the senior representative at the property in the absence of any other senior staff.
- Previously acted as an Approved Person and demonstrate in interview a correct attitude and aptitude to control Permit(s) to Work relevant to activities likely to be undertaken on their shift.
- The aptitude and people skills to manage and coordinate contractors, work with and escort contractors during maintenance visits, ensuring that working guidelines are followed always.
- Have previously undertaken formal training of some description in the operation of a major manufacture’s Building Management System (ie Trend, Schneider, etc)
- Have previously worked with the Microsoft Suite of Software and able to use MS Outlook email.
If you think this role would be a good fit for you, email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for this exciting role.
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Director / Head / VP Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Engineering, maintenance Director / Head / VP Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Health & safety Director / Head / VP Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)
- Operations Director / Head / VP Secretarial & Administration jobs in London (Central)