Health and Fire Safety Advisor
Our client, a public sector organisation require a Health and Fire Safety Advisor to oversee a properties across England, ranging from Primary Care Centres to hospitals.
The main purposes of the role will be:
- To effectively manage and deliver a regional programme of Fire Risk Assessments and Health and Safety Statutory Compliance Audits.
- To include developing associated recommendation reports and management plans for the regional estate portfolio for buildings of varying complexity levels. It will also require close support and administration of the action plans to ensure that all areas have been completed within the timeline identified and to offer support to Centre Management Team members and tenants to apply any remedial measures as necessary.
- To deliver support and guidance on all Health and Safety matters to the internal Strategic Business Units of the organisation. The role also encompasses a wider remit to engage and work with Tenants within the portfolio to ensure that they understand and fulfil their health and safety obligations.
- The role will encompass high levels of collaborative working with External Companies and Tenants to verify and review existing safety arrangement including as a priority fire safety documentation and associated procedures.
- To lead safety within the region to protect the business interests, assets and well-being of the organisation, its employees, tenants, visitors and the public from harm and risk to their health, safety and welfare.
- To support Property Management Team members on incident response, investigations and matters arising from safety issues.
The ideal candidate will have experience (minimum 3 years) of working within a similar multi-site role and hold NEBOSH and a relevant fire safety management qualification. You will be a strong communicator and have a broad experience and knowledge of operational health and safety management issues, enforcement procedures and policies. Ideally you will have experience of working within the public sector and be able to demonstrate knowledge of local government and the NHS.
In return, our client is offering a salary up to £45,000 per annum plus benefits package. Please note due to the nature of the role, the candidate must hold a UK driving license and be happy to travel to different sites.