As the home of human ingenuity, the Science Museum’s world-class collection forms an enduring record of scientific, technological, and medical achievements from across the world. Tracing its origins and birth of its collection from the Great Exhibition in 1851 the museum aims to make sense of the science that shapes our lives and inspire visitors through iconic objects, award-winning exhibitions, and incredible stories of scientific achievement.
At the Science Museum Group, we make it our mission to inspire futures. Our talented and dedicated colleagues are guided by five values that encapsulate what we’re all about:
- We think big, pushing the limits of what’s possible
- We challenge ourselves to reveal wonder
- We use our passion, expertise and creativity to share authentic stories
- We aim to ignite curiosity in our audiences and our colleagues
- We take pride in being open for all
Reporting directly to the Head of Estates South, the Estates Manager plays a pivotal role within the group – primarily being responsible for the operational, facilities and contract management of the Science Museum in London and its associated buildings. As a member of the senior management team, you will play an integral role in supporting an ambitious and exciting programme of Masterplan projects, be the subject matter expert for hard services across the site, coupled with managing a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders and executives.
Your extensive experience in leading facilities and estates teams, coupled with your working knowledge of all areas of hard FM will make you a standout candidate for this position. Having strong leadership and influencing skills will ensure you deliver projects on time and provide a high quality, safe and compliant service across the organisation. If you have worked within the cultural sector or buildings with a historic interest, we would be very keen for you to apply. The Science Museum environment requires you hold the relevant health and safety certification (NEBOSH, IOSH etc.) as well as the knowledge and skills to undertake surveys, audits and the production of reports.
The competitive benefits package includes 27 days annual leave + bank holidays, pension scheme, private medical and dental care, life insurance and discounts across the Science Museum Group.
The full candidate briefing pack can be viewed and downloaded here: https://online.flippingbook.com/view/972118/
For a confidential discussion please contact our advisor Rob Cullum of The Management Recruitment Group at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8892 0115. The Management Recruitment Group has been exclusively retained for this campaign. All direct and third-party applications will be forwarded to them.
Closing date for applications is 11:59pm on Sunday 20th October 2019.
Interviews will be held on Friday 1st November 2019, it is essential that all shortlisted candidates are available on this date.
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Manager / Supervisor Travel & Hospitality jobs in London (Central)
- Building design, planning Manager / Supervisor Travel & Hospitality jobs in London (Central)
- Building development Manager / Supervisor Travel & Hospitality jobs in London (Central)
- Contracts, projects, bids Manager / Supervisor Travel & Hospitality jobs in London (Central)
- Engineering, maintenance Manager / Supervisor Travel & Hospitality jobs in London (Central)