Facilities Operations Officer
We’re looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to join our busy team. The role of Facilities Operations Officer 2 is varied with no two days being the same. You will work across all aspects of the Facilities & Estates Management service delivery in a multi-disciplinary team based at our Ceres House office in Lincoln. The Lincoln hub consists of 3 Offices and 7 Depots - all within 1.5 hours drive of Ceres House. The Lincoln hub sits as part of Defra group Property (DgP). DgP is responsible for providing fit for purpose and value added estates and Facilities Management (FM) services to the Defra group Network, particularly as government works towards ‘One Public Estate’.
We’re looking for someone with experience and knowledge of:
- Working within a facilities management or building services environment, with some customer facing interaction – although training can be given
- Excellent customer service skills
- Working with and within a team (a team player)
- Understanding of health & safety
- Self-motivated, organised, attention to detail and able to work on own initiative
- Good communication skills (orally and in writing)
- Ability to follow instruction, work under pressure and work within set processes and procedures
- Competent IT skills
- Full Driving Licence (as travel to other offices will be required).
The Facilities Operations Officer 2 role will include:
- Ensuring legal compliance of all buildings within the hub
- Managing contractors
- Managing and overseeing planned and reactive maintenance within the hub
- Assisting with preparation of Environmental Management System audits and Compliance Assurance Visits (CAV)
- Supporting the team in the delivery of services to customers and key stakeholders at all levels
- Develop and maintain a strong customer focus to ensure effective relationship building and partnership working – act as an initial point of contact
- Support health & safety best practice by actively promoting awareness and ensuring the provision of safe working practices to comply with policies and standards
- Maintain information storage and retrieval systems and ensure that information is up to date and readily accessible
- Working to defined policies and procedures
- Assist with preparation of Environmental Management System audits and Compliance Assurance Visits (CAV), as needed
- Raising and processing purchase orders and invoices on financial systems
- The post holder will be expected to travel as part of the role, therefore a Driving Licence is essential.
Closing date: 20 October 2019.