Capital Programme Officer
About Star Central
Star Central, which is based at our head office in Blackburn, Lancashire, provides leadership, strategic direction and support to Star Academies, Star Institute and our schools.
The Star Central team includes experts from a range of professional backgrounds, who work together to provide an outstanding support service to the Star community. We support our schools to provide educational and operational excellence and to cultivate a strong Star community, with the aim of nurturing today’s young people and inspiring tomorrow’s leaders.
Who we’re looking for
We are seeking to appoint a dynamic and talented individual to who will project manage the delivery of assigned capital projects to time, cost and quality criteria, in order to meet both the needs of schools and the strategic objectives of the Trust.
The successful candidate will be a key part of Capital Programme Team in the project management of the Capital Strategy to the Trust and its schools. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of delivering building surveying, or equivalent skilled expertise, in a building or property related role.
You will have:
- Project Management qualification or equivalent
- A Levels or equivalent “construction/premises” qualification
- Experience of drafting written materials for a variety of purposes and audiences.
- Experience of working in an property or construction related field
- The ability to prioritise, work efficiently and accurately, particularly under pressure, to deadlines and using own initiative
- A willingness to undertake travel as part of the role.
About Star Academies
Star Academies is a high-performing multi-academy trust that runs more than 20 primary and secondary schools. We are a values-based organisation that works to improve the life chances of young people in areas of social and economic deprivation to help them succeed at the highest levels of education, employment and the professions. Every single day you’ll be rewarded with the opportunity to shape a young person’s future - our STAR values embody what we believe is needed to succeed.
Professional development is key to our ongoing success, so we continually invest in our employees through our learning and development centre, Star Institute. With a wealth of training, mentoring and progression opportunities across a growing group of academies, joining our team of leading education experts could propel your career to the next level.
We can also offer you a range of rewards and benefits, including competitive salaries and pension schemes, generous holiday entitlements and healthcare cash plans.
Find out more
Please download the job description and person specification below for further information about the role. For an informal and confidential discussion about the role please contact Star Central by calling 0330 313 9800.
Closing Date: Sunday, 17 November 2019 at midnight
Interview Date: Thursday, 28 November 2019
Proposed Start Date: To be confirmed
Apply for Capital Programme Officer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly
More searches like this
- Facilities management (main) Executive / Officer / Estimator Social Services jobs in Preston
- Building development Executive / Officer / Estimator Social Services jobs in Preston
- Contracts, projects, bids Executive / Officer / Estimator Social Services jobs in Preston
- Estates, property Executive / Officer / Estimator Social Services jobs in Preston
- Health & safety Executive / Officer / Estimator Social Services jobs in Preston