Multi Utility Manager
An exciting role within an established and reputable Civil's & Utilities Business based in their North East office responsible for the management of multiple utilitie schemes.
Reporting direct to the Managing Director you will have autonimy over your own operations and day to day running of projects Nationwide.
An industry leading Civil's & Utility contractor who are going through a period of growth and are looking to make exciting experienced additions to their team.
* Accountable for the successful management of contracts, attending pre-contract meetings, devising a strategic programme of works at the start of the contract and continually monitoring progress to ensure contracts achieve targets in respect of safety, time, cost, quality and customer satisfaction.
* Experience of dealing with IDNO & IGT in line with their policy and procedures and adoption processes
* Responsible for the design, quality management, resource planning, defects management and out of hours working, ensuring appropriate procedures and documentation are in place in line the Contract requirements.
* Manage the Company's obligations and rights under the terms of the contracts.
* Act as a visibly strong leader of HSQ&E, promoting high standards of health and safety and environmental management by attending Health & Safety Meetings, developing Health and Safety Plans, ensuring compliance with Company procedures, carrying out SHEQ and quality audits and setting a good example.
* Ensure that all HSQ&E activity and reporting is accurate, legally compliant and within group policies, highlighting and resolving concerns when identified. Ensure that contracts are staffed adequately and led and managed effectively and maintain high levels of commitment and morale; ensure at all times that good two-way communication occurs. Ensuring strong team ethic.
* Actively support the Business Unit Director in the management of areas of opportunity and risk that may impact of the business plan. Lead your team by example at all times and ensure that United Living is a centre of excellence.
* Monitor that the induction process is being followed for all employees on site.
* Ensure that contract delivery processes are complied with and adopted into all daily disciplines.
* Support the Bid Team work winning activity such as assisting with feedback, supporting the estimator, writing contributions to PQQ and tender submissions, attending interviews or presentations etc.
* Responsible for developing and establishing excellent working relationships through effective communication with Clients and Stakeholders. Liaising with Clients to build trust and enhance understanding, attendance at meetings, chairing weekly meetings to a prescribed agenda and attendance at Client events.
* Responsible for the delivery of client strategies and ensuring the Company are achieving KPIs and meeting Client Critical Success Factors and implementing initiatives to ensure their continual improvement.
* Lead all of the People responsibilities for the team including undertaking and monitoring the completion of Performance & Development Reviews, supporting and coaching team members to achieve both individual and business objectives.
* Manage all employee related matters, liaising with People Services as necessary.
* Ensure robust contract and delivery programmes are produced which include design and procurement and that the team take full ownership.
· Provide up to date and accurate reports on the Contract progress and highlight any potential risk to the relevant parties.
* Responsible for ensuring strong working relationships are maintained on the Contract by the Operations and Commercial teams to ensure good financial and programme controls are in place and ensuring that any financial implications are discussed and progressed with the Commercial team.
* Contribute fully to the development and implementation of Company policies and procedures
- Must be an experienced Multi Utility Agent or Project Manager who can organise and manage the completion of site works from a delivery, HSQE and commercial perspectives
- Gas, Power and Water SHEA
- Hold Site management or site supervision safety certificate (SSSTS/ SMSTS)
- NRSWA Supervisors card
- Knowledge of
- CP & SCP
- R/O & N-R/O
- SCO 1-5
- Cat and Genny / HSG 47 aware
- Excellent knowledge of NERS, GIRS and WIRS it would be desirable if the individual held these accreditations.
- IT literate
- Experience working as a utilities manager would be highly desirable but not essential - experience in the construction/civil engineering will be considered.
- Commercial awareness
- Full UK driving license
Excellent remuneration available and genuine career progression. The opportunity to be part of one of the industry leaders workforce responsible for pivotal schemes with the autonomy over your own staff appointments, Schedule of works and most importantly career progression.