Client Side Construction Program Manager – Student Accommodation
My client is a leading Student accommodation developer with a significant national portfolio.
As a result of continued growth and development they require a construction program manager to
deliver of a number of projects ranging from 10k to £5 million providing management and control over planning, design and construction across a significant Portfolio of UK buildings.
An experienced Programme Manager with outstanding management, KPI delivery and customer service skills. The skill base could come from client, contractor or consulting backgrounds and significant relevant experience is a prerequisite to being considered for the role.
The successful candidate will have a breadth of experience, excellent organisational skills and knowledge in complex projects and be able to demonstrate experience of delivering major construction programmes.
- Ongoing management on behalf of the business to ensure that desired project and workstream outcomes / objectives are delivered.
- Ensuring an appropriate workstream / project management framework is in place, incorporating review, milestones and gateways, as necessary.
- Preparing the project brief, initiation and business case, amongst other documents.
- Co-ordinating and directing end user input.
- Co-ordinating value management strategy.
- Determining and managing risks to the workstream.
- Managing the programme budget, including risk allowance.
- Acting as principal point of contact for the designated workstream.
- Co-ordinating and fostering teamwork.
- Establishing formal reporting arrangements on workstream or project progress.
- Defining criteria for control and management of the workstream or project.
- Managing workstream / project communications and stakeholder reporting.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders and lead external partners to plan, design and deliver projects in occupied buildings.
- Good understanding of construction contracts.
- Be able to apply quality management principles and processes.
- Be able to apply risk assessment and management principles and processes.
- Develop relationships with stakeholders within and outside the workstream.
- Ability to maintain workflow efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- An analytical mindset with very good problem-solving abilities.
To succeed in this challenging role, you will possess a relevant property qualification and have experience of managing a large varied workload.
Commercially aware, you will be confident dealing with a wide range of people, possess excellent communication skills, a cool head and have the ability to manage multiple projects.