Managing Director - Residential Development
As Managing Director, you will be responsible for the establishment and growth of a new regional office on behalf of a major national developer. You will be joining at a time of strength for the business and facilitate the advantageous office location along the Oxford-Cambridge corridor.
This is a unique opportunity for you to fully grow a region from scratch in a business that fully backs it's people to do what they do best - build homes.
Volume home builder focused on place-making through considered master planning and sensitive house type design. The proudly boast more awards for design and delivery than any other house builder and are in fact themselves the competition.
Key duties will include:
- Create and maintain an effective & cohesive management team of Directors, with a 'head of' for each function within the region including Land, Development, Commercial, Construction, Sales and Finance.
- Report directly to the Board and successfully implement the company strategy, in particular the initial development and execution of a 5yr growth plan, garnering the support of your Directors.
- Chairing various strategic meetings, including sales, build, land, valuation, and board meetings.
- Work closely with department heads to ensure the efficient use of information.
- Secure land opportunities in line with the defined budget, including strategic and unconditional opportunities.
- Produce regional annual budgets in agreement with main board.
- Evaluate overall business performance and take responsibility for the business unit P&L, through analysing key data and ensuring that all reporting is accurate and in line with the Groups reporting framework.
- Appraise any new business opportunities in line with Group strategy.
- Generate a strong and fun culture within the regional team.
I am looking to speak with professionals who are either at discipline director level, or those who have already attained the level of Managing Director. To head up and lead a new region, this role initially will be focused around earlier precon stages, with a land and technical bias, in particular site acquisition. Candidates must be able to evidence a track record of being involved in acquiring sites and having a robust network across the region. Key skills/attributes are:
- Entrepreneurial with an eye for detail.
- People focused.
- Agile mind forward thinker.
- Ability to take ownership of the region.
- Commitment to build quality homes in a safe and inclusive environment.
- Effective at planning and organising with strong communication skills.
- A team player.
- Courage and a determination to succeed.
You will receive a competitive starting salary commensurate with your experience and position, with benefits including generous bonus, car/car allowance, pension contribution, private healthcare. The business is currently promoting flexible and home working as part of their response to the pandemic, and this has been taken up positively nation wide. If you would like to discuss in confidence, please do not hesitate to get in touch.