Technical Manager with a keen eye for detail and being commercial aware whilst maintaining quality is required to join residential refurbishment business & ensure technical accuracy on repair work specifications. You will have over-arching responsibility for technical aspects on projects, and ensuring works completed are to, or exceed, client expectations.
Privately owned property refurbishment business, operating across East Anglia, NHC and over to Coventry. They specialise in repairs and refurbishments of residential properties, usually procured through insurances from private and/or social landlords. The business has a cohesive and dynamic workforce, in a fast paced environment that promotes accountability and integrity amongst employees. They are fast growing and have recently restructured to be able to add in more heads, and continue with plans to expand their operations across the Midlands further.
You will primarily be responsible for the technical viability of residential repair works for clients, and in ensuring works carried out are in line with client philosophies, building regulations and to high quality, adopting best building practice.
Alongside the Service Delivery Manager, you will look after a team of Survey Contract Managers who independently look after each of the projects. Typical projects range in value from £10,000 - £100,000 and are predominantly residential refurbishments procured through insurers. Day-to-day duties include:
- Reviewing technical accuracy of repair specifications drafted by the SCM's including variations.
- Liaising with the Service Delivery Manager to value POA invoices and Final invoices.
- Ensuring repair methods are compliant to H&S and Building Regs.
- Assisting the SCM's with the preparation of tenders and complex repair specifications.
- Liaising with clients and customers in relation to technical queries.
- Ad hoc site visits with SCM's to provide field-based training and support.
- Reporting SCM technical performance to the MD monthly.
- Advise / undertake SCM technical training as required.
- Quality control inspections of finished projects, and to ensure all works specified have been completed satisfactorily before hand-over to the client.
- Sub-Contractor Purchase Order Valuation.
- To be successful in this role, you will be of a technical bias with an in-depth knowledge of UK Building Regulations, general construction, and refurbishments. To complement this, you will also have a good understanding of H7& procedures.
- Ideally, you will have worked on residential refurbishments, preferably procured through insurance works although this is not mandatory.
- You will have enjoyed positions managing teams previously and be a clear, confidant communicator to inspire and energise your team to work to the best of their abilities is critical.
- As art of a business with interesting growth plans, you will be an eager and enthusiastic individual who is excited by contributing to the success of the business and their own career.
Competitive starting salary of £50-£60k, commensurate with experience. Benefits package will include a discretionary annual bonus and use of company pool car for all out of office visits. Moreover, you will be joining a business that encourages full integration of all staff in a dynamic and flexible business, that welcomes strategic input to the betterment of the business.