DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Location: Watford, Hertfordshire
Salary: £80,000 - £90,000 per annum (dependent on experience)
Hours: 40 hours per week, working 5 days out of 7
Job Type: Permanent
Start Date: Position available now
The Combined Services Provider (CSP), is a leading provider of car parking solutions, including internal and external traffic management, valet parking, car park management and enforcement, traffic management consultancy, cash and audit services, and counter-terrorism systems. The Company also provides associated services such as security, stewarding, and crowd management.
Predominately operating across southern England and serving many of the UK’s premier sports and entertainment venues, as well as mobile and greenfield sites, CSP has built an unparalleled reputation across the events industry throughout its 27-year operating history.
CSP has remained operational throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, rising to the challenges currently faced by the live sports and entertainment industry by adopting a robust strategic business continuity plan. The Company has chosen to view the current situation as an opportunity to strengthen and invest in all aspects of its business operations and people.
About the Role
CSP is seeking a diverse senior leader to inspire, guide and develop its large operations team in a fast-moving, competitive industry.
Reporting to the Managing Director and based at CSP’s Head Office in Watford, the Director of Operations will be responsible for driving operational excellence and creating new and innovative strategies to deliver exceptional customer service and results.
As a member of CSP’s Senior Leadership Team, there will be an expectation for an enterprising Director-level contribution to the strategic planning and commercial development of the business.
The role carries a requirement for both national and international travel.
Experience, Qualities and Skills Required
- At least 5-years’ experience at Director-level or an equivalent senior position, preferably with a degree or professional qualification in a Business Management discipline
- Significant knowledge of business operations management within the event services industry or a soft FM business, where the emphasis is on providing an outstanding customer experience and high-quality service delivery
- Experience of managing multi-service contracts; mobilising extensive teams; and scheduling large volumes of work in an ever-changing events calendar
- Ability to drive operational excellence, demonstrating best practice to secure a positive business impact and exceed targets
- A confident strategic thinker, capable of providing innovative solutions in a customer-focused environment, with the ability to influence and drive change at all levels
- Accustomed to working on their own initiative with conflicting priorities in a diverse and ever-changing environment
- A self-motivator and someone who is ready to challenge in the interest of continuous improvement
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving and decision-making skills, overlaid with high emotional intelligence
- A natural relationship builder with the ability to communicate effectively, clearly and confidently in written, verbal and electronic forms
- Exceptional people management qualities, operating as a solution-focused leader who motivates, inspires and continually drives excellence at all levels
- Leads by example and takes responsibility and accountability for delivery on actions and targets set for the entire team
- Outstanding organisational, planning and time-management skills with a high degree of flexibility
- Strong financial acumen with evidence of accountability for an operating budget in excess of £10m.
- Commercially aware, with experience of leading on business tenders, together with the ability to work cross functionally to identify, develop and exploit commercial opportunities
- Ability to analyse customer and commercial performance information to create measurable insight via business processes and improved systems architecture
- Holder of IOSH or NEBOSH qualifications
- SIA licence and CSAS accreditation would be beneficial
- An understanding of both the Green and Purple guides
The successful candidate will receive a competitive salary and annual leave package. Private medical insurance (including cover for family) and a contributory pension scheme are also included.
Interested parties should send their current CV to email@example.com along with details of their current or last salary; salary expectation for the role; and a brief synopsis about their current circumstances and why they think they would be a good fit for CSP.
Further information about CSP can be found at www.gotocsp.com
Apply for DIRECTOR OF OPERATIONS
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly