We are seeking a Technical Service Manager to be responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation and completion of Mechanical & Electrical services, for our leading professional services client, WSP.
To be successful, you’ll demonstrate that you’ve managed the delivery of Hard Services within agreed time, cost and quality constraints. You’ll bring a sound technical understanding of Mechanical and Electrical (M&E) systems such as Heating and Ventilation (HVAC), Infrastructure and Electrical Equipment to support your office based client.
This role would be suited to an experienced technically biased site manager, assistant manager looking for a regional role to develop their skills or an experienced engineer looking to make a move from the tools into management. You will be expected to manage a small team of engineers carrying out quality control checks on their work to ensure high standards are maintained and develop a plan for improvement of service and to promote growth of the team.
Crucially, you’ll also be confident when it comes to developing customer relationships and implementing required measures.
This is a remote role but can be based at our Birmingham, Manchester or Leeds office (your preference).
Responsibilities will include:
- The Technical Service Manager will be directly responsible to the Senior Facilities Manager for the efficient and effective management and operation of Hard/M&E Services
- You will have management and oversight of lifecycle and capital Hard Service projects
- Developing strategic plans for the short, medium and long-term growth of the Hard Service element of the contract
- Ensuring that all Hard FM activity undertaken within the contract is in accordance with both contract KPI compliance and relevant statutory compliance and that they are coordinated and efficiently delivered through appropriate direction and guidance of the respective managers and technical operatives
- Developing and delivering organic growth opportunities for the contract
- Supporting on the overall performance of the Hard Services/M&E element of the contract financially, operationally and from a Health & Safety perspective
- Effectively managing minor works up to £30,000 in value, staying within budgetary restraints set by the client and the senior team
- Developing, monitoring and managing a robust permit to work system for the contract
- Responding to any reasonable request of the company or client relating to your field
- Providing technical support across the portfolio when required, assisting the Senior Facilities Manager to drive the Hard Services provision forward
- Continuously developing and improving quality and safety standards on your sites and within the site teams
- Recognised 3rd Level Qualification in Mechanical & Electrical Engineering or similar
- PC Literate - MS Office skills
- Knowledge of sustainability and energy management an advantage
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Strong Technical Hard Services / Mechanical & Electrical experience across a range of building service disciplines, such as HVAC, Control Systems, Infrastructure etc. - essential
- Previous budget accountability including management of a team, although training can be provided - desirable
- Building Management Systems experience
- Competent in asset management and lifecycle planning
- Have the ability to elevate the technical M&E understanding of the wider team
- People management skills and able to motivate a team
- Knowledge of training, development and recruitment
- Good knowledge of Health and Safety requirements
- Customer focused
Why join OCS Group UK Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
At OCS Group, we take a partnership approach. That means we start by listening carefully to each customer to understand their requirements, then tailor our services to meet their specific needs. We deliver more than 70 internationally accredited facilities management services – ranging from cleaning, security and catering to waste management – as standalone, bundled or fully integrated solutions.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
What will you get in return?
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance – to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance – to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support