Integrated Facilities Manager
As the Integrated Facilities Manager you will be involved in all aspects of day-to-day operations of your client’s property portfolio, including accounting, maintenance and repair, security, janitorial services, front of house and the helpdesk.
This role will handle all building service requests, acting as the first point of escalation, assist in the preparation of the annual budget & management reporting and must have a strong compliance background.
You will be successfully managing and leading the building service contract teams. Fully understanding the client’s expectations and be fully conversant with the contract and specification documents, associated KPI’s and ensuring that services are organised to meet those expectations. Your role will be commercially and operationally responsible for the successful delivery of the building service contract and will have the ability to effectively manage and deliver project works associated with the contract up to a value as agreed within approval limits.
The Integrated Facilities Manager will be supporting OCS' efforts in the day-to-day maintenance and implementation of policies, procedures and programs that will ensure a well-managed, well maintained estate and deliver a safe working environment for client staff, OCS colleagues, visitors and contractors. Working closely with operational OCS management in relation to all day to day requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Operating as the main point of contact for the customer, developing working relationships and to understand their business needs and requirements, managing and co-ordinating all the required activities within the contract whilst ensuring the site team and all sub-contracts are managed and service levels meet the contractual SLA’s
- Ensuring sufficient staffing for business hours and approving Out of Hours operating requests as required. Ensuring personnel are efficiently managed across the range of building services to maximise the productivity within the parameters of the contractual hours provided
- Ensuring that contract Facilities Services that we provide are fully compliant with statutory regulations in addition to OCS and customer policies and procedures
- Managing all electrical and mechanical team activities in all buildings
- Ensuring completion of all Planned Maintenance and service desk tasks in adherence with SLA’s
- Ensuring maximum optimisation of the client’s office space, project managing all office moves and department restructures throughout the customer’s property portfolio
- Managing all facilities services suppliers both internal OCS and external third party and engaging them in line with the Customer and OCS Procurement Policies
- Delegating tasks required for property maintenance & repair to contractors and maintenance staff
- Analysing our service delivery performance and developing on-going contribution to the contract, controlling and minimising risk
- Providing Monthly Management Information and performance reports for the customer and OCS management
- Directly managing all facilities services staff; security officers, receptionists, cleaners, maintenance staff and Facilities Service assistants
- Working closely with the client on all aspects of service delivery on both project and maintenance works
- Managing and developing a professional and effective operational team, ensuring objectives are set, monitored, and achieved and that all employees are appraised and have a personal development plan
- Building positive and productive working relationships with the client, delivering excellent customer service, and seeking ways to continuously improve and exceed expectations
- Staying abreast of opportunities for developing innovation that will provide operational, financial, and environmental benefits across the building service streams. This should include energy saving initiatives as they evolve
- Presenting both OCS and the client in a professional manner
- Recognised qualification in Facilities Management e.g. BIFM or CMI
- Recognised Health and Safety qualification – e.g. IOSH or NEBOSH
- SIA Licensed – Non front Line (preferred but training and accreditation provided) - Desirable
- City and Guild/BTEC Mechanical and Electrical Building Services Engineering Parts 1, 2 and 3 or similar
- Working knowledge of safety systems & processes
- Ability to work with various computer packages such as MS Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word etc.) to a good standard
Working experience/Personal attributes
- Strong experience from a Management role providing Facilities/Building Services with direct line management of staff, delivering both Hard and Soft services (M&E, Cleaning, Security etc.)
- Budgetary management experience
- Supplier engagement and management ability
- Experience of being a member of an engineering team is desirable
- Knowledge of Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) such as Maximo is desirable, or other Building Management Systems (BMS) experience
- Exceptional communication skill, able to interact effectively with peers, direct staff, suppliers, and our customer’s representatives
- Detail oriented and accurate especially with numbers
- Ability to work with staff in solving problems and ability to take direction and function as part of a team
- Ability to effectively prioritise and multi-task
- Excellent people skills able to motivate and inspire colleagues, direct reports, and suppliers. High levels of self-motivation, technical inquisitiveness, enthusiasm, and commitment
- Can be pro-active and capable of anticipating potential faults
- Can work well under pressure
Why join OCS Group UK Ltd?
From providing a first-class shopping experience at major retail and leisure establishments, to maintaining critical factory facilities for well-known industrial organisations, to supporting the patient journey at large hospitals, we provide the essential services that keep businesses and societies running day in and day out.
At OCS Group, we take a partnership approach. That means we start by listening carefully to each customer to understand their requirements, then tailor our services to meet their specific needs. We deliver more than 70 internationally accredited facilities management services – ranging from cleaning, security and catering to waste management – as standalone, bundled or fully integrated solutions.
OCS prides itself as a company that has family values.
We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS.
What will you get in return?
- An enhanced pension scheme (above auto enrolment rates) - to save for the future
- Life Assurance – to protect your family should the worst happen
- 25 days holiday, plus 8 bank holidays on top
- Option to purchase additional annual leave
- Private Medical Insurance – to protect you
- Access to 100s of high street discounts
- Financial Wellbeing support - Access to low interest loans
- Recognition scheme ‘OCS Stars’- monetary rewards given to top performers
- Training and Development- apprenticeships, e-learning, English as a Second Language and our award nominated ‘Impact’ Programme
- Long Service Awards
- Cycle to work scheme- discounted bicycles
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme- 24-7 Health & Wellbeing Support
- Successful candidates for this role, who meet the eligibility criteria, may have the opportunity to undertake a formal work-based training course under our commitment to personal and professional development through the Government’s apprenticeship scheme